Should I COOK her? Need your thoughts.......

It's possible she could be a non-layer, but that's rare.

I know you're convinced that two hens couldn't possibly lay eggs that look alike, but they can. Some of mine do. I've seen quite a bit of variation with individual hens. I think you're fooling yourself on this one. If you isolate her for one week, then you will REALLY know for sure. Otherwise you're still just guessing.

Good luck!

Quote:
thats all i was trying to say also...alot of my hens eggs look alike...
idunno.gif

Dancing bear and redhen, ok I will try separating her from the pack for 2 weeks and see if she lays being alone. Is that enough time? I feel bad that she will be all alone but this should determine if she is really laying or not. If she is laying, she shouldn't be able to hold out for 2 weeks, right? I don't think she is but I'll try any experiments at this point. I will update everyone of what happens. THANKS!

Quote:
I'd think a week would be plenty. If she IS laying, you'll know in a few days. Then she can rejoin the others. If she's alone for a week and doesn't lay, you'll know she hasn't started yet. Good luck! I hope she's laying!

I had sevearl RIR as my first birds in my flock, they hatched out March 18th and first started to lay eggs around Dec 1st that year. Great birds and very happy with them.

ML

Back
Top Bottom