Should I elevate the eggs?

Lkase

Songster
Jun 5, 2020
I'm wondering if hatch rates are better with eggs that are incubated in an egg carton at an angle (then layed flat for lockdown) or if laying them flat the enrire time is okay? Also I considered laying them flat but slightly elevating the entire incubator on one end. What do you guys suggest?

I'm wondering if hatch rates are better with eggs that are incubated in an egg carton at an angle (then layed flat for lockdown) or if laying them flat the enrire time is okay? Also I considered laying them flat but slightly elevating the entire incubator on one end. What do you guys suggest?
Also I should note that these eggs will not be shipped. I'm picking them up locally from a friend.

What do you guys suggest?
Hi there and welcome to BYC and hatching! :frow

Cartons can be used if desired.. but I wouldn't truly recommend it. There is a time and place like if air cells are detached from shipping etc, or even just if it's you're preference. Then there will be certain carton types and other recommendations many seen or FOUND (links) in the following link..

Hatching Eggs 101

I got my highest hatch rates hand turning on the side individually in a still air bator. Simple true statement, noting no shortage of factor variability EACH time.

A good incubation resource with tons of information, too good not to book mark..

Incubation guide

Be sure to get your temperature correct and turn the eggs and odd # of time daily until day 18.

Happy hatching! :wee

Back
Top Bottom