should i get muscovies?????? or not.

I just got 2 musovies today.The male was like a wild boar trying to handle him and the female was also strong I go them in the coop and there atually not so sared of me anymore.I would say get them since they barley make a noice and its cool to watch them wag there tails.

The warmer the climate, the more likely Scovies will lay pretty much year round. Mine quit in Jan. and began again about 1 month later and it's COLD here in Indiana. Just make sure they are out of the wind, secured and warm enough to not get frost bite.... oh, and UP the protien levels for the cold weather and you can have Scovy eggs for as long as they are not broody. Break their brood and they will begin laying again in about 2 weeks. They do eat just about every bug ever created!
gig.gif
I've seen them tackle some pretty nasty looking bugs.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
i love scovie tail wags. i have a video of my girl shaking her tail to me singing shake your booty hahaha. they wag their tails when i walk into my room (they live in my bedroom with me <3) it's adorable
big_smile.png

I'm sorry, I don't understand how Muscovies can be invasive. Maybe mine weren't typical, but mine couldn't fly after they were about 7 months old. They could go airborne by about 5 ft, if taking off from a hill. But, they couldn't have flown over the fence to esscape into the wild. So, what's the problem w/ them? I wrote a letter to the guy who's supposed to be taking feedback on this. I consider it unenforcable, like proabition.

Quote:
Ok Ok, you got my vote Beerman,,but you might have to change the name is true.....when you do. I'll campaign for you if you can overturn this STUPID law against the Muscovies.

i'm with beerman, no-one is going to tell me what i can raise and what i cannot raise!!! i might be getting a pair this coming saturday. if I clip their wings would they fly away??? what if I fed them high protein would they give me eggs year round???? I would like for her to sit eggs and hatch some once a year and thats all! the rest of the year i want eggs!!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom