Should I give my chickens gapeworm treatment even if they don’t have symptoms of it?

luckysamara199

Chirping
May 22, 2021
hello! First of all thank you for taking the time to read and answer this question. :) so I have 3 polish chicks they are 2 months old I noticed one of them hizzing and gasping for air and I googled it and gapeworms showed up but I’m not sure if he has it? Should I give my chickens gapeworm treatment even if I’m not sure they have it?

Any other symptoms? What do they eat?
They eat Start and grow chick food from tractor supply store and I give them strawberries, watermelon, rasberries and lettuce as treats. None of them are showing symptoms expect for drizzalls. He’s a golden laced polish. I noticed he hisses and stretched his neck and gasps for air. I’ve only seen it after he eats, so I’m not sure if it’s gapeworm or something else but I also wanna give them gapeworm treatment just in case because I don’t want them to suffer .

I think they are too young to have gapeworm bad enough to show those symptoms, he could be practicing to crow or he has something caught in his crop. I'll wait to see if a more experienced person gives advice.

I think they are too young to have gapeworm bad enough to show those symptoms, he could be practicing to crow or he has something caught in his crop. I'll wait to see if a more experienced person gives advice.
okay well thank you for your advice! :) should I still give him gapeworm treatment though?

Back
Top Bottom