Should I help? Make a safety hole?

Jun 20, 2019
Mississippi
Today is day 21 and I have 4 that have externally pipped. Two look good. Two I’m worried about. Here are pics.

This one pipped on wrong end. It was like this at 5:00 this morning and there has been almost zero progress. It does appear to have broken the membrane however.
F565809F-D3B9-44BD-BC41-6CD20D1FDF26.jpeg

This one pipped here around lunch. I’m assuming it missed the air pocket. Now I know why people draw the lines. I’m should have. I see it shaking but it doesn’t seem to have progressed in last 4-5 hours.
2ED44B4F-F3BA-449F-9255-DB7956EE4A6C.jpeg

I don’t want to open the incubator cause the other two are looking good right now but when should I consider helping these two? Or do these pips look ok to you ?

Today is day 21 and I have 4 that have externally pipped. Two look good. Two I’m worried about. Here are pics.

This one pipped on wrong end. It was like this at 5:00 this morning and there has been almost zero progress. It does appear to have broken the membrane however.
View attachment 3460494

This one pipped here around lunch. I’m assuming it missed the air pocket. Now I know why people draw the lines. I’m should have. I see it shaking but it doesn’t seem to have progressed in last 4-5 hours.
View attachment 3460495

I don’t want to open the incubator cause the other two are looking good right now but when should I consider helping these two? Or do these pips look ok to you ?
Just leave them
When they miss the air cell the external pip now becomes both and the time increases adding that 24 hours to the external
Most times if they make there own break they still hatch themselves

Back
Top Bottom