Should i keep albert?

Quote:
Not funny and you should be ashamed.
tongue.gif

OP you keep Albert and keep looking you'll find him a new girl. Never give up, never surrender.

Always the best
Rancher

Quote:
Not being honest with people really does not make you much better than the irresponsible people you preached against that got the ducklings in the first place.
sad.png

For the OP, I would look for a friend or two for Albert. This is definitely the season to look and better find something...

Last edited:
Quote:
Good thinking. Parents like to tell their young children that their former pet duck is now happy living on a farm. In general, though, the parents know the duck will be slaughtered. They just don't want to hear that their former pet duck Daffy is now dog food or a main course for an asian family.

We took the unwanted duck off their hands, and promised them nothing in return.

Other people will dump off their unwanted ducks at the local park and let them fend for themselves.

We run a farm, not a pet sanctuary.

Ya know folks the OP didn't say they got the ducks at Easter and I haven't heard anyone on the forum say they had. Why not just stick to the OP's question and offer a constructive answer. If you think yes then say so and why. If you think no then say so and why.

I don't recall any mention of what will happen to poor Albert if they give him to someone who may eat him. After all there may be someone who would take him and NOT eat him, or at least be KIND enough not to say so.

I don't believe the question was meant for some to get on their soapbox.

I say keep Albert and be patient til you find another girl. "You can't hurry love, you just have to wait, trust given time no matter how long it takes"............................ ( we need a singing smiley or at least some music notes)
lol.png

Quote:
I sure hope this doesn't mean that I've given the impression we were criticising the OP. Just got off-topic, is all. I tend to do that.
roll.png

Quote:
What is your point?

I was hoping somebody would ask, rainplace.

The point is to think twice before getting ducks as pets for yourselves or your children. Generally a farm is in existence to turn a profit, and can't support people's non-productive, unwanted animals.

Easter is around the corner, and many a cute duckling is found in a child's easter basket.

And what does that have to do with this thread?

Well great news! I found Albert a lady friend..
big_smile.png

But i still have a delima... Should i choose the hen duck from where i live that costs $9 or get a free duck and have to drive 11/2 to 2 hours?
Im not sure what the free duck would be but the one from our area is a Pekin. Will that be a good match for Albert?
My dad thinks $9 is too expensive for a duck.. But i think it is a fair price and you will spend just as much on gas to go and get one.

Back
Top Bottom