should i keep my little honey comb (roo) baby?

stormylady

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Illinois
I have a dellima, I recieved with my first order of chicks with 6 little light brahma roos added for warmth , I have totally fallen for little honeycomb, he is ssooooo sweet and cuddly, he insists on being held and will stay with me and even sleep while he is in my arms but hes got the sweetest little chattering thing he does till he falls asleep, now he is not the largest one, not the fullest feathered one, not even the cutest one, but def. the one that wants to be with me. The other boys are very pretty and more filled out for there 5 weeks but they just don't have the charm this little guy does, So what do i do? Do i pick one of the ones that I think will be the best and most beautiful one of the bunch or do I keep little honeycomb and wait for the little ugly duckling to grow into the beautiful swan! Someone please help me decide!
Thanks Sandy

You HAVE to keep him. With a personality like that, you would end up kicking yourself later if you didn't. I have a little EE that is so sweet like that. She seriously thinks she is a parrot or something. She always wants to perch on my finger and sleep. She snuggles in my hoodie pocket.
lol.png

You could always keep him and if he turns out "not as pretty" as another one, don't breed him. If you can keep 2 then pick the "prettiest" one AND keep the snuggler.
wink.png

Some of the BEST roos I have ever had came to me as packing peanuts.

The hatcheries can throw some real exotic types and rare breed in their shipments. I have the one little guy that I still do not know exactly what he is, but he is a really nice, friendly and docile little roo.

I wasn't planing on keeping any roos but this little guy just stole my heart, he is a light Brahma. He was a happy accident! If id have ordered him on purpose i don't think i would have gotten one like him. Im happy that you got a little buddy too, there personalities are so amazing, this is my first time keeping chickens and never in a million years would I have thought that they could have any kind of personality at all, boy was I wrong! Well you learn something new everyday. Ive read alot of horror stories about good roos gone bad sure dont hope it happens to him.
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom