Should i keep???

aarontheman

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 18, 2012
Ireland dublin
Hi all i have now 17 pigeons 6 tumblers rest are homers should i keep the homers and the tumblers in the same loft if i cant i would get rid of the homers which i really like both pigeons im sort of attached to them all so can i keep them both together or will i have to make sure cross breeding doesnt happen i just got 3 tumblers there really nice birds and i dont want to get rid of any but if it is better to keep only one type i will go with the tumblers i would swap 10 homers for roughly 8 tumblers should i just keep them all

What about flying the birds if the tumblers tumbler will the hoers try it too or will the tumblers seperate in into there own group and the homers theres

they may fly together, and be fine, but caging together can be bad unless just tons of room, watch careful, and sexes are seperated especially. i have never had good luck keeping even a pair of homers with dozen or more rollers/tumblers, so assume the size and strength differance was just too much and the rollers/tumblers always got worst of any problems. plus homers seem to need more cage space than my rollers/tumblers did by far. if you think you have great setup for homers than use for that and just set up smaller one for your tumblers, they really oddly need hardly any space especially when flown once a day to week even or less. ive kept half to dozen maybe rollers/tumblers in cage size of large dresser to small closet, and they were great with it as long as spaced perches even and had at least one or two perches just big enough for one or two birds. my homer pairs need that to twice size cage per pair it seems just to be comfy and cozy and try to breed them decent, were the tumblers/rollers in same to a lot less space will all nest non stop and breed and rear as soon as allowed even on grated or bare floor by making feather nests if i dont constantly destroy and take eggs before they hatch as the babes grow fast and you can be quickly out numbered for room for them all.

so homers need space of small to large room inside, were tumblers/rollers only need small to large closet. these observations are just my own, but based on performance preferances of general health and vigor, flying strength, and breeding success, with minimal input and basic care.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom