Should i let these eggs hatch or discard?

Scissor Beak has other causes besides genetics. Some cases it's a Nutritional/Vitamin Deficiency, or injury.

Let's let the person make their decision.
Id need proof its from deficiencies or injury because i dont believe any of that but its their birds I really couldnt care less what they do.

Personally, if I were in this situation, I would probably hatch them out. I absolutely LOVE special needs chickens, and I have a special place for them in my coop, but if I were to be trying to help someone else, I would say to get rid of them. It’s what’s easiest, for you and the (what would soon be) chicks.

Id need proof its from deficiencies or injury because i dont believe any of that but its their birds I really couldnt care less what they do.
I’m pretty sure that my (profile picture) crossbeak’s beak is messed up from either a vitamin deficiency or an injury. She was disabled as a chick for at least a week. She didn’t have it right after hatch, but instead, it started crossing at about a month. I really want to try hatching out some of her eggs, to test it, but I already have three crossbeaks, and although I would love having more, my parents are against the idea. Crossbeaks are my favorite.

How do you explain the birds that don't display it from hatch and none of their parents/grandparents/siblings/other relations don't have it?

I’m pretty sure that my (profile picture) crossbeak’s beak is messed up from either a vitamin deficiency or an injury. She was disabled as a chick for at least a week. She didn’t have it right after hatch, but instead, it started crossing at about a month. I really want to try hatching out some of her eggs, to test it, but I already have three crossbeaks, and although I would love having more, my parents are against the idea. Crossbeaks are my favorite.
Ive had an easter egger get it weeks later had nothing to do with an injury. But personally hate crossbeaks and last ones I had from the hen all were culled I dont have time for birds that cant eat on their own

Back
Top Bottom