Should I or shouldn't I?

Mrs. Green Thumbs

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Santa Maria, California
So I'm really in love with those beautiful peachy colored BO's and seeing as how one of my BR's died suddenly, and one of my EE's is not in perfect health (history with issues including crooked neck and a confusing wound on her heiny) I was thinking about taking my chances and getting 2 BO chicks. I Have heard some really cool things about the breed and would REALLY like to have one or two. For now I have 4 pullet's.... no roos.... What do you think? Good o bad idea (my girls are 12 weeks old, around a bout)

And how should I break he news to the dh? Just go to the supply stor and bring home a peeping box? I'm surehe will shake his head but really love the fuzzy butts....
tongue.png

The buff orpingtons are awesome
bow.gif
... I love mine
love.gif
. They are beautiful and very nice, no aggressiveness.... except my broody hen and all she does is puff up and growl
rant.gif
, no pecking. As you can tell I'm a BO fan so I say GOOOO FOOOORR IIIITTTTT!!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Quote:
Oh I know... arnt they beautiful! If I have extra cash laying around id be headed down to the FSS to pick up a bator and check into the ad here on BYC for 8 lav BO hatching eggs...... Ohhhhh... sigh.... if only.... lol

Well if you want broody hens go with the buff, but be prepared i can not get my 6 to stop setting they don't even get off the nest when all the eggs have hatched
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom