should I pull this scab off?

I will. She was barely limping today, but I went back in and pulled off half the scab and bandaged. I'll wait a couple days and look again. What I'm confused on is won't it scab up everytime I pull off the old scab, since it's a little wound?

I will. She was barely limping today, but I went back in and pulled off half the scab and bandaged. I'll wait a couple days and look again. What I'm confused on is won't it scab up everytime I pull off the old scab, since it's a little wound?

I should be a little more correct with my words of choice, let's call it the core instead of the scab. The core is usually filled with bacteria, so even after antibiotics therapy, sometimes its necessary to remove the core, so you're left with an open wound that can heal properly.

I should be a little more correct with my words of choice, let's call it the core instead of the scab. The core is usually filled with bacteria, so even after antibiotics therapy, sometimes its necessary to remove the core, so you're left with an open wound that can heal properly.
Ugh, I know about the kernel or core, but I just didn't see anything that obvious when I was in there. It did bleed a lot so it was hard to see. I'll send an update in a couple days. Thanks for your support.

@isaac o @KaleIAm Here's a picture of Penny's foot today. I feel like it's definitely getting better. There is some pink skin showing through the scabby part and she's limping a lot less, able to keep up with the other ducks when they go out. She's finished her meds and at this point I'm doing a soak in the morning, applying PRID and a bandage, then taking that off overnight. I'm hoping that I can just keep this up until the scab heals completely. I tried picking more off a few days ago and it bled like crazy and I wasn't able to see anything underneath. If it doesn't change, or gets worse, I'll try again, but I'm hoping the healthy skin starting to show through is indication it might just heal and fall off.
IMG_1363.JPG

Back
Top Bottom