Should I seek psychiatric help for becoming overly attached to my chic

firehog

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
kens?

I recently went on a 8 day cruise on a ship to Mexico and even though I had my 2 neighbors assure me they would both watch over my 12 hens, (they got all the eggs for free plus they are regular egg buyers that love my chickens) I really couldn't relax.

I was worried they would accidently escape and get locked out at night. I even dreamed about them twice.

I just got too attached to them and they are even coming in the house going up to the fridge waiting for a hand out. How can anyone not fall in love with them when they come running full tilt with their wings a flapping, squawking at me in all kinds of clucking variations, all twelve right under my feet and jumping up on my legs?
tongue.png

Are there others here on the forum that have just gotten WWAAAAAYY too involved with their chickens? Is there some sort of CA (Chickens Anonymous) help group to join to get back to normal?
tongue.png
tongue.png

Nope! No CA that I know of. No cure for this either, as far as I know. And why would you want to be cured of this love anyway?
idunno.gif
I'm in the same "boat" with you if it's any consolation.

4 years ago, if anyone had told me that I'd be falling in love with my girls, that I'd bawl like a baby every time I lost one, that I'd even make a special little graveyard memorial to those I lost, that I'd get up early just to mix up nice warm meals on cold mornings for them, that I'd go way overboard for my girls..... I'd have told them they were flat out nuts! They're CHICKENS for crying out loud! Not HUMANS! That's just silly! Who ever heard of a person falling in love with chickens?

Yup..that was pretty much my response....back in the beginning...before we got our first chicks...how dumb was I?
gig.gif
love.gif

No Firehog, there is no cure that I know of for this addiction. It's irreversible. Unavoidable. What a way to live!!!
wee.gif

Just you wait....incubating comes next. I speak from experience here. I'm about to take that plunge myself...just as soon as I get my hands on a hygrometer and some fertile eggs!
wink.png
lol.png

I love, love, love my chickens, too. You should see DS roll his eyes when DD & I start chatting chickens!
sickbyc.gif

The birds in the house thing is over the top - IMHO.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom