Should I start a youtube channel for my chickens? (I posted this already but in the wrong spot)

nessa.morg

Songster
Jun 26, 2018
Im Vanessa and I think I might want to start a youtube channel. I have three leghorn hens and I know thats not a lot of chickens to some of y'all but I do want to get more chickens soon. If I started a youtube channel my main goal would be for both me and my viewers to learn as much as possible about chickens. I am fairly new to chicken keeping. I just started with my chickens at the beginning of last October so its been 9 months. If I did start a youtube channel I would love y'all to leave comment about tips and constructive criticism because I know I still have a lot to learn. I would also love if y'all gave me some more ideas for videos. What do y'all think of me starting a channel?

I think that’s a great idea! Imo, there’s not enough poultry focused YouTubers. I think though, it is really important that you research the topics you cover, throwing old wives tales and opinions off as facts could potentially endanger your viewers and their birds. Covering things like breeds, nutritional needs for various ages and sexes, first aid, how to raise them, safe integration, culling birds and processing them, promoting excellent poultry husbandry; would definitely appeal to me.
I don’t know any tips as I’m not experienced being behind the camera, but be yourself!
Good luck and I hope you go
through with it :)

I would definitely make sure I know what I'm talking about when i do it and I would definitely research before I do anything. I just don't want to waste my time if only a few people watch it thats why I posted this. Thank you for your info.

If Anyone else is interested in me making a channel please reply and let me know.

I definitely would make it family friendly so I'm sure your 3 year old will love it. I would not post stuff on a channel that is not family friendly.
I think I will be making a channel I will let yall know when I do.

I would love more people to reply in this thread and tell me what y'all think.

All you have to do is click on the forum you want to post a thread in and then theres a button that says create a thread. Click that. Would you be interested in watching my channel if I made one
Wait is that what this is called a thread? How do you make one TEACH ME YOUR WAYS MASTER.

Hey guys, so im definitely making a youtube channel for topics relating to chickens. I need a few days, maybe a week, to get my first video up. I already am working my first video and I have the topic picked out. The first video might be a little long, im not sure yet, but im covering a lot in the video bc I think its important for people to know. Im really excited for y'all to see it and im trying really hard on it

Ok so im questioning what im currently working on for my first video. I guess ill tell y'all so y'all can give me an answer. So I was planning to discuss in detail all you need to know about heat stress. it would have had the symptoms, the causes, the factors, ways of prevention and keeping cool, and the first aid if your chicken does have it but I feel like it might be a lot boring but informative. Do you think that might bore viewers and I should just do a video on how to keep your chickens cool during the summer? I just have already seen so many videos that cover how to keep chickens cool during the summer. What do y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom