Should i supplement their water?

jed1154

Songster
14 Years
Jul 10, 2008
I have some baby chicks that are about 4 weeks old now. Should i supplement their water with vitamins or antibiotics or any type of preventative medicine or nutrients? What about when they are older? If so, what?

Yep, what Royal Hills said, if additional opinions might carry more weight
smile.png

Pat

They are just on chick starter right now, whatever Purina sells. And they will be on that or whatever is available locally. Thats why i was asking about supplements. I guess it has everything they need.

Yes, chick starter/grower will have everything they need. I thought you were wondering if there was anything ELSE you could do for them. AviaCharge 2000 for chickens is like humans taking a daily multivitamin supplement. No, we don't "need" it to survive, but it helps with immunity, and gives them everything else they may possibly need. In most cases, you're probably fine without it.

it seems like when i was younger, for show birds, we suplpemented their water with something like electrolytes or something.

It's dangerous to supplement with electrolytes unless they have been stressed or ill - it's not recommended otherwise.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom