Should I take the egg out?

JHducks3

Chirping
6 Years
May 8, 2013
I candled the duck eggs yesterday they've got 9 days Togo and I've got 6 eggs. 5 eggs are showing great signs of development but one when I candled it was the same as it was on day 1 just a clear yellow colour. I know this egg is dead or didn't develop and there's no hope for it so should I take it out? It dosent smell but I heard they can exsplode! I can post a candled pic if you want? Should I take it out and do a autopsy ?

That far into the incubation, the chick should be big enough to easily see.

If it still looks that small, I don't think there is any doubt that the egg is a dud. I would take it out.

Take it out. If the others are fine then this one is probably not fertile. They DO explode and the explosion will be a hard yolk with a red spot in the middle. It's happened to me and it can be emotionally draining.

Here's a picture of the egg. 9 days to go until hatch day. Should I take it out?

Yes. It is definitely dead and will stink. Your best bet is to burn it on a bonfire or on the log burner. Don't use a cooker.

Hmm, it really will stink. If you wrap it up tightly with clingfilm, then foil and make sure it doesn't crack then you should be fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom