Should i teach my duck how to fly?

@LilyPearl696 I'm glad he ate some duck soup, even if it was only the meal worms and tomatoes. It's better than nothing. Hopefully that will motivate his appetite. My ducks always eat the veggies and meal worms first from the duck soup - but I won't refill their bowl with anything until they've eaten the feed. I'd let it sit for a while and see if he will eventually eat the rest including the feed. Keep us posted. And on the flying - I have a Pekin and she tries to fly and then falls really hard - so I wouldn't encourage him to fly for any reasons. He may fly about 2 feet and that's about all he needs to fly if at all... Pekins aren't meant to fly so I don't think him not flying is making him sad. Better yet he probably just needs another duck to hang out with permanently.

@LilyPearl696 I'm glad he ate some duck soup, even if it was only the meal worms and tomatoes. It's better than nothing. Hopefully that will motivate his appetite. My ducks always eat the veggies and meal worms first from the duck soup - but I won't refill their bowl with anything until they've eaten the feed. I'd let it sit for a while and see if he will eventually eat the rest including the feed. Keep us posted. And on the flying - I have a Pekin and she tries to fly and then falls really hard - so I wouldn't encourage him to fly for any reasons. He may fly about 2 feet and that's about all he needs to fly if at all... Pekins aren't meant to fly so I don't think him not flying is making him sad. Better yet he probably just needs another duck to hang out with permanently.
thnx ....about the duck thing ill try my hardest to get him a mate since where im living its extremely hard to buy a duck....my lil boy is actually a rescue

Back
Top Bottom