should I try to adopt this dog?

I vote, go for it...look at those eyes. (Don't worry about the pups; puppies get adopted out quickly). Mom is the one that needs rescue; she is beautiful and the exact breeds you wanted!

Good luck!

She would make a great Christmas present for you! The best way to honor your last dog is to adopt a homeless one in her memory....you know it's what she'd want. What's the point of waiting around grieving while homeless animals die everyday waiting for a home like yours? Go for it!
Karen

She looks just like "Rowdy" a dobie-lab I once had. He was a VERY smart dog & was the best frisbee player around!
GO FOR IT!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
thumbsup.gif

I had a dobie lab mix. She was a very loyal dog. Definitely 'My" dog though. If the other dogs left with Dh then she felt obligated to stay where I was. She was a quiet dog, but I knew she was always on guard. She had a tail that would leave a welt on your shin when she was happy. I always assumed that was the reason they dock dobbie tails. Smart, loyal obedient...
The picture looks a lot like her when she was young, but as the years passed she got more black and tan. Very pretty dog.

This is the way I look at it - I've had pets that I loved dearly that have passed.... one in particular that really got my heart....

When they pass the grief can shut parts of your heart off if you let it , it's so painful - who would WANT to feel that?

One pet I had taught me that even though the pain of losing her was so sad I was blessed every moment that she was with me.

I'd go through that sorrow all over to have more time with her. She lived her life with such joy and she never fussed or complained,
never said no to a hug, never gave me the imprssion that she'd rather do anything else than BE WITH ME.

Even on the most mundane of days - she'd keep me company when I cooked dinner , or rest her head on my lap when I watched TV
or be the first one to greet me when I got home. There wasn't anything that she couldn't "make better" and she couldn't even TALK!!!

She taught me to open up my heart and share love with another pet who needed a home.

Even fresh with the knowledge that the new pet may pass one day too - but I can be THERE for them
just like my pet was for me. This new pet would never go a day not knowing they are loved too and that is EVERYTHING.

Some people go their whole life never knowing they are loved by anyone not even another person, that's not what we are on this earth for,
if we were we'd be all alone - look around ...... people and animals everywhere !!!

The new pet may not be nything like the old pet which is fine.
Honour it's love and life and share. Let it grow in the heart of another.
That once you have this kind of love you can't turn it off. It will make your own heart stronger.

If you aren't able to adopt this beauty or a pup - keep looking - you are looking NOW because you KNOW something is missing....

(BTW : my pet was a 5yr old pet shop cat who passed 16+ years ago and I still think about her.
I have lots of love around me people and pets but if she hadn't have left that mark on my heart I may not have
realized how blessed I was/I am)

One thing I did when my BEST COLLIE in the world Reggie passed, was get another collie to replace him.
UGH---you can not replace! Doesn't work...lol.
I never truly loved the new collie Jimmy. He was nothing like Reggie. BUT one thing I learned was not to get a new dog too fast after one passes for me, cause I need time to let go of that one, and then build a new relationship with the new dog as his being his own ya know.

for me I have to give it time in between, but you know what you can handle. if you are ready go for it, if in doubt, wait a bit.

I believe you will know when you're ready. Or a dog will come into your life, and you say yeah, this is the one. I hadn't planned on getting another dog so soon after my Hayley died. But Reno came into my life, and 9 years later, we're still happy. I'm sorry for the loss of your dog, and good luck with your decision. You can always go to the shelter and just visit with the dog. Just take a leash. LOL

I would say if she's giving you the itch, at least go visit her so you can spend some time together and see what the family dynamics might be like. I agree with some of the other posters, though - if you're catching yourself comparing her to your recently deceased pet all the time and finding her wanting, let her go so someone else can take her. It appears she's with a no-kill rescue, so she's not in any immediate danger.

When we lost Charlie Girl in June, I swore I would never have another dog. Then fate brought Jax into our lives. Now we are getting him a brother. I believe it is the love of Jax that has made my healing possible.
Go give that dog a home.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom