Should I warn neighbor that dog might get shot?

Pics
Heck of a subject. I had an old hog trap that I baited for my chicken killers. First animal caught was a coyote. Done deal. The next three animals caught were a vicious feral dog and two obviously someones pets. Feral dog was treated just like the coyote. The tame dogs were kept in the trap, fed and watered for three days each and released. I guess they went home and owners kept a better watch on them. Sad to say but in some places keeping your chickens in what looks like a concentration camp is the only answer. My friend has chickens and ducks in an area next to a hiking trail which is part of a wildlife refuge. Some fools decided to make it a bobcat sanctuary and every bobcat the city catches is released there. Bobcats love chickens. The river walk runs along a river so raccoons are more than just plentiful they are everywhere. His coup is so wired in, chain link with a double layer of chicken wire on the outside and one layer on the inside. The roof is steel Rpanel and no gaps exist. If he lets them out he sits there with a shotgun. I was talking to him one time when a fox jumped the fence into his yard, took a dump right in front of us and then grabbed a chicken before he jumped back over the fence! He built a portable cage on wheels he puts a few chickens in and moves it around the yard. My place is not that bad with predators, just a few coons, hawks, skunks, coyotes and feral dogs.

Heck of a subject. I had an old hog trap that I baited for my chicken killers. First animal caught was a coyote. Done deal. The next three animals caught were a vicious feral dog and two obviously someones pets. Feral dog was treated just like the coyote. The tame dogs were kept in the trap, fed and watered for three days each and released. I guess they went home and owners kept a better watch on them. Sad to say but in some places keeping your chickens in what looks like a concentration camp is the only answer. My friend has chickens and ducks in an area next to a hiking trail which is part of a wildlife refuge. Some fools decided to make it a bobcat sanctuary and every bobcat the city catches is released there. Bobcats love chickens. The river walk runs along a river so raccoons are more than just plentiful they are everywhere. His coup is so wired in, chain link with a double layer of chicken wire on the outside and one layer on the inside. The roof is steel Rpanel and no gaps exist. If he lets them out he sits there with a shotgun. I was talking to him one time when a fox jumped the fence into his yard, took a dump right in front of us and then grabbed a chicken before he jumped back over the fence! He built a portable cage on wheels he puts a few chickens in and moves it around the yard. My place is not that bad with predators, just a few coons, hawks, skunks, coyotes and feral dogs.
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom