Should they have feathered feet?

crazy chook

Songster
9 Years
Apr 8, 2010
Langwarrin, Victoria
So mum is a pekin and dad a ?? should the chicks have feathered feet?
Same with silkie mum and ??Dad - The feet should be feathered right?

53611_100_4919.jpg
53611_100_5099.jpg

53611_100_5105.jpg
53611_100_5111.jpg

Any idea what breed these roosters are?

OK, so I'd say yes to feathered feet on chickies coming out of each pair. The first dad...I have no clue, but the second dad looks like a frizzled. Soooooo cute. But dad #1 is so handsome. You will have some SERIOUSLY cute babies on your hands. Are they all your birds? Are you hatching out some eggs? If you are hatching out the eggs, I would love to get 5 day olds. Especially from the Frizzled mixes.

The first rooster is a buff couchin. I had one just like him, he was georgeous. He the one in my little picture. The grey one I would say is a silky. Not sure about the rest.

Last edited:
Yes, I am hatching some eggs.
ya.gif
the little silkie went broody so I let her sit on some eggs. They all hatched yesterday and this morning. 7 or 8 little babies and they are just soo cute.

53611_100_5495.jpg

They are a mix of the sets of chickens above and also I have another black and another white chook in with the frizzle rooster so added some of their eggs too. I think 8 eggs all up.

There are some great black/white speckled chicks too that i have yet to take a photo of.

yes the first photo is the pekin (cochin) hen the second pic is Rory the rooster, third pick is Silkie the silkie hen and forth pic is Roofus my frizzle rooster.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom