Solved Should we eliminate or change post likes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

Cyprus

Master of the 'never give up' attitude
Jan 19, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
Hi,
I was wondering if we should change or eliminate post likes. Sounds crazy, I know. Hear me out.
I've noticed that some members have xxx,xxx postlikes with very little actual help to the community and sometimes I feel members post pointless stuff for likes. I'm all for people posting actually helpful material.
I am aware that the GJF forum does not count towards post count, but it does count for likes. RR counts for both and so does family life and stories of my chickens. The problem I see with that is that folks will post a ton there, which is awesome, and receive 3 or more times the # of likes.
I personally was thinking it might be a good idea to disable likes on the above forums to narrow it down to people recieving likes for useful posts. Or maybe we can limit each member to, say, 30 likes a day.

I'd overall just like to see a better reflection of member's helpful participation.
I know reactions are coming out in fall (spoiler) so maybe we could restrict those, too.

Cyprus

We don't have the option to limit likes on a per-forum basis, or based on how many likes a user can receive.
Like you said, when we upgrade in the fall, we'll have "post reactions", which will basically be expanded likes with more options such as "Haha", "Wow", etc. That also might give us the option to limit certain reactions to certain sections, if we were to use an add-on.

Last edited:
Hi,
I was wondering if we should change or eliminate post likes. Sounds crazy, I know. Hear me out.
I've noticed that some members have xxx,xxx postlikes with very little actual help to the community and sometimes I feel members post pointless stuff for likes. I'm all for people posting actually helpful material.
I am aware that the GJF forum does not count towards post count, but it does count for likes. RR counts for both and so does family life and stories of my chickens. The problem I see with that is that folks will post a ton there, which is awesome, and receive 3 or more times the # of likes.
I personally was thinking it might be a good idea to disable likes on the above forums to narrow it down to people recieving likes for useful posts. Or maybe we can limit each member to, say, 30 likes a day.

I'd overall just like to see a better reflection of member's helpful participation.
I know reactions are coming out in fall (spoiler) so maybe we could restrict those, too.

Cyprus
I'm not sure what your issue is but bear in mind many of us are not American & our ability to contribute to many threads is limited by our location. Brand names, hatcheries, local rules & regulations, climate, even available breeds are determined by where we live. In order to get the most out of our forum experience we often have to *interpret* information ~& for me @ least English is my first language. For some it's not.

Not saying you're wrong ~ just that it can be difficult for those outside the USA when specific help is requested. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom