Show me EExCochin,EExBR, EExPolish or EExButtercup mutts, please????

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by ChooksChick, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks Songster

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I went out and got you some more pics this morning. [​IMG] Fresh chickens!

Here's another pic of Robbie, my ee/polish splash pullet. She's my lap baby. Dig those toes! She has the prettiest gray blue legs I've ever seen!

[​IMG]

This is Left Eye, my black ee/cochin. Unfortunately she wouldn't pose that way.

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of both Stinkerbelle and Bluebelle. They're both ee/cochin mixes.

[​IMG]

And here's another of Stinkerbelle (beau?) I think this chicken is lovely whatever it might be. Almost has a buttercup pattern.

[​IMG]

Thanks for letting me show off my babies to you! [​IMG] I hatched these myself in a homemade incubator and I'm quite proud of them. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. chickenlover98

chickenlover98 Songster

Jul 21, 2008
    Hogwarts
    Yeah, with the hardiness of the ee and the gorgeousness of the buttercup, i think the outcome would be beautiful!

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks Songster

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Quote:Bleenie - I love your little mix! That one would go wel with my standard EE boy. You can see his feathers in the pic with Left Eye in my previous post. He feathered just like that and now he has some lovely blue under his red.

4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Thanks, Chicky Tocks, Bleenie!! They are wonderful, and it's exactly the kind of encouragement I needed...though DH might not agree I need any encouragement.

Quote:I need to see the Buttercup/Cochin!!!

These are great mixes!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  5. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I just discovered while making breakfast that our docile, lovely EE roo- who is scared to death of the BR hens that are a year older- is actually treading them, too!!

I don't know how or when, since they beat him silly if he looks at them sideways, but the eggs I cracked from them appear to be fertile! All three were showing a big, honking bulls-eye!

So....can anyone show me an EE x BR??

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    This is Sonny, my EE/Buttercup X
    What a love!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    OMGoodness!!! Sonny is one of the most beautiful roos I've ever seen!! You must enter him in the next mutt and roo contests- he's amazing!!

I'm sooooooo going to make some of those!!!

Any EE/Buttercup pullets out there?

8. lovemychix

lovemychix Songster

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    [​IMG]

This is my newest polish mix. Either a Buttercup or Spangled Hamburg. I love the mohawk do. [​IMG]

9. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Soooooo awesome!

10. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Songster

May 24, 2008

Quote:I need to see the Buttercup/Cochin!!!

These are great mixes!

OK, here are my Buttercup/Cochin mixes, all Large Fowl. Dad is the Cochin, Moms are Buttercups....All look even better today, but sorry, I have no new photos. Just on a side note: they are only 10 weeks old, but except one, I am not sure about their gender yet. Usually I always knew with other hatches by 10 weeks what I had, but this time I am at a lost or maybe 4 cockerels out of 5 ..... [​IMG] Anybody in So Cal interested, if so?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: