show me those Faverolles! want to see other colors too!

Quote:
I checked the chicken calculator before posting. I expected all white offspring. But it gave me blue and black when crossing blue with recessive white. But blue crossed with dominant white was all white.

I'm not sure whether a white faverolle is dominant or recessive white.

-Cindy

Last edited:
chicksdustbath0909.JPG

Here is foster mom, an old English with her foster standard Salmon Faverolle babies (and one orloff baby)
smile.png
Her first chickies!
smile.png

Quote:
I checked the chicken calculator before posting. I expected all white offspring. But it gave me blue and black when crossing blue with recessive white. But blue crossed with dominant white was all white.

I'm not sure whether a white faverolle is dominant or recessive white.

-Cindy

Good point! As long you can figure it out, it would be great but to get the REAL blue to shine thru, crossing blacks or splash to blues give the best opporunity for some good looking blues.

At least you have given it a shot. I know Gayle Pontious had some. Not sure if she still raises them anymore. She has gotten into white Orpingtons now.

Quote:
Either way white usually doesn't make fun colors, just a mess.

Though my kids would argue you can't have fun unless there is a mess.

-Cindy

I bought an online book that discusses color and physical genetics in chickens. It isn't long but it does give info on crossing and lists of the gene expression of for chickens.The pages have info divided into 2 parts. The left side give info for those that don't know a lot about genetics, the right side has more in depth info with lists of genes. I have just briefly skimmed through it as I just got it day before yesterday. It by Grant Brereton and I Paypaled 9.99 lbs for it.

http://www.gbpoultry.com/

Worth it to me, it cost me

Back
Top Bottom