1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Show me your Bettas!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Goat_Walker, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well Im kind of obsessed with Betta aka Chinese fighting fish.

I dont know why, I just love the male's fins!
    If I could, I would fill me room with them. ( ive collected 30 odd little 1 - 5 gallon tank over the years as well as around 8 , 10 gals and a 20 and 29 gal)

So, if youve got some beautiful males, let me see them, PLEASE!

I Had one fan tail and a crown tail, but the crown tail decided to take on my 8in butterfly goldfish and... well... needless to say he is no longer with me. Now I have a blue/green fantail, and just bought this gorgeous white/purple/pinky fan tail. I dont normally go for the white or pink ones but he is GORGEOUS! Ill post pics of him later.

I apologize that the pics below are poor quality, they were taken with my camera phone.

This is My blue/green fan tail and my purple crown tail (RIP). No, i didnt keep them like this. I was cleaning out the crown tail's tank and had them together for max 2 minutes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ill post pics of my new guy soon!

2. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Songster

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    They are beautiful! I had one once but the cat got into the bowl and flipped it out and it dried up on the floor... [​IMG] My grandma has one and she keeps goldfish in there sometimes. Her beta is red. He's so pretty! I love fish... [​IMG]

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I just got rid of all the fish in my 20 and 10 gal, all I have left are these little guys. They are so much easier to take care of!

4. Jolyn

Jolyn Songster

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh we have one. I have to find my camera but i will take pic of Ben and post it as soon as i can!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: