Show me your Bettas!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Goat_Walker, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well Im kind of obsessed with Betta aka Chinese fighting fish.

I dont know why, I just love the male's fins!
    If I could, I would fill me room with them. ( ive collected 30 odd little 1 - 5 gallon tank over the years as well as around 8 , 10 gals and a 20 and 29 gal)

So, if youve got some beautiful males, let me see them, PLEASE!

I Had one fan tail and a crown tail, but the crown tail decided to take on my 8in butterfly goldfish and... well... needless to say he is no longer with me. Now I have a blue/green fantail, and just bought this gorgeous white/purple/pinky fan tail. I dont normally go for the white or pink ones but he is GORGEOUS! Ill post pics of him later.

I apologize that the pics below are poor quality, they were taken with my camera phone.

This is My blue/green fan tail and my purple crown tail (RIP). No, i didnt keep them like this. I was cleaning out the crown tail's tank and had them together for max 2 minutes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ill post pics of my new guy soon!

2. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    They are beautiful! I had one once but the cat got into the bowl and flipped it out and it dried up on the floor... [​IMG] My grandma has one and she keeps goldfish in there sometimes. Her beta is red. He's so pretty! I love fish... [​IMG]

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I just got rid of all the fish in my 20 and 10 gal, all I have left are these little guys. They are so much easier to take care of!

4. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh we have one. I have to find my camera but i will take pic of Ben and post it as soon as i can!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by