Show me your Brahma chickens! Light, Dark, Buff, Hens and Roos, I wanna see them all!

They are the prettiest of my Brahmas in my opinion. I love the pattern.
I'm pretty much in love with all the Brahmas. The Lights look like toasted marshmallows, the Buffs look like caramel lattes, the Dark roos look like Downton Abbey Gentleman dressed for dinner and the Dark hens look like those trippy posters in the '90's you had to unfocus your eyes at inorder to see the picture! All are so beautiful.
Plus the floofy feet!!! :love

This is Fluffernutter, my Light Brahma roo. He is about 7 months old. He is extremely mellow, and all the hens love him. He doesn't let Rhett bully the hens, he just steps in front of Rhett and puffs up like, "Do you really want to roll?"
Rhett will halfheartedly peck at him and strut away.
View attachment 3340895
This is Rhett, my 7 months old Dark Brahma roo. He is gorgeous, and he knows it! He struts around like he is the king of all he prevails! He can kinda be a bully, but Fluffernutter keeps him in check, because like all bullies, he is actually a coward. I love him, though. He is always the first one to come running when I walk out the door, and he plays catch with me when I throw grapes out as a snack. It's hilarious! He runs everywhere, when he's not strutting. Tons of personality in this boy.
View attachment 3340899
Fluffernutter is just an epically good name, what good looking guys!

I fell for Brahmas when, last spring, the neighbor's ladies started visiting my backyard. Theirs is a mixed flock, but the Brahmas definitely stood out as gentle leaders, and I really enjoy their golden retriever-like personalities. They just seemed to enjoy being around people. Here is a picture of the 2 neighboring Brahmas that are technically not mine, but that makes me no less of a fan:

20220510_161236.jpg

This is Magnolia, aka Mags, aka Maggie May, one of my Light Brahma pullets and Maureen, aka Marry, one of my RIR pullets.
Magnolia is being an optometrist, with Maureen watching on.
View attachment 3341574

Here, Magnolia is being a dentist, and I know Maureen is telling her to just be cool, because she was peeping at Magnolia. That's why I'm laughing and my face is pushed back... lol
View attachment 3341575

Now Maggie is being chill and just hanging out. These two girls will be top of the pecking order.
View attachment 3341576
Optometrist and dentist, successively! 🤣🤣 So cute! ❤

Fluffernutter is just an epically good name, what good looking guys!

I fell for Brahmas when, last spring, the neighbor's ladies started visiting my backyard. Theirs is a mixed flock, but the Brahmas definitely stood out as gentle leaders, and I really enjoy their golden retriever-like personalities. They just seemed to enjoy being around people. Here is a picture of the 2 neighboring Brahmas that are technically not mine, but that makes me no less of a fan:

View attachment 3341664
Well, these pretty girls have decided to claim you as park of their flock. You obviously have some great eats at your place!

I got Fluffernutter and Rhett from a local lady that lives close to me, in early November. They were five months old. The second I saw the Light Brahma roo, "Fluffernutter" popped into my head, and I just KNEW I had to bring him home! He just looked like marshmallow fluff! Can you even get marshmallow fluff anymore?

Well, these pretty girls have decided to claim you as park of their flock. You obviously have some great eats at your place!

I got Fluffernutter and Rhett from a local lady that lives close to me, in early November. They were five months old. The second I saw the Light Brahma roo, "Fluffernutter" popped into my head, and I just KNEW I had to bring him home! He just looked like marshmallow fluff! Can you even get marshmallow fluff anymore?
Marshmallow fluff is a good description! When I saw my rooster, the name that popped into my head was Chickie, which lacks in creativity what it doesn't make up for in masculinity 🤣 but, he is a banty, and not a stately Brahma!
Rhett looks swarthy like his namesake. Funny, because I am actually reading Gone with the Wind right now!

Marshmallow fluff is a good description! When I saw my rooster, the name that popped into my head was Chickie, which lacks in creativity what it doesn't make up for in masculinity 🤣 but, he is a banty, and not a stately Brahma!
Rhett looks swarthy like his namesake. Funny, because I am actually reading Gone with the Wind right now!

I think they name themselves, that's why the names pop into our heads randomly!
I have a bunch of chickens named weird things, like Squirrel and Siracha. Then there's the "normal" names like Maureen, Molly, Wilma and Lucy (RIR's named after famous redheads).

I wanted to name my DB roo a stately name, because of him looking like he's dressed for dinner in the late 1800's England, with the white shirt and bow tie and the black dinner jacket and pants. Rhett Buttler just popped into my head, because he is the ultimate gentleman.
Names are fun.

Back
Top Bottom