Show me your cats!

I love all your cats!:love

My cat story all started with two cats because our family limit was two. Both female. Silvia and Goldy (get it, silver and gold?) were such sweet little tabbies. Outdoor cats only, they aren't aloud inside the house. Then Goldy disappeared, probably hit by a car or a fox or cyote are her or maybe an owl or hawk. Silvia had a couple litters of kittens before she disappeared, one of them being Celie.

Celie is a (short-haired) Siamese, which must have come from her father because I've never seen a Siamese cat around here (other than ours) in my life. I currently don't have any pictures of her. Unfortunately, she had too many kittens and being fixed didn't go well with her, so now she doesn't let nearly anybody pet her except me, and doesn't stick around much anymore.

Before we fixed her she gave birth to one last litter of kittens, the one with Tiger and Shadow. Nobody wanted two friendly, black cats, so we didn't have any option but to keep them ( :confused: ). My family agreed to break the limit of two, as long as we fixed all three of them. So we did!

Unlike Celie, Tiger and Shadow were even friendlier after being fixed. They love to tease the chickens by chasing and pawing at them but don't mean any harm, but I do worry about them and chicks.

Shadow is more of a pet-but-don't-pick-me-up cat. He also has a very loud meow which I am certain he got from our neighbor's cat (who was nicknamed "Baby-cry"). He also has only a half tail which is a genetic birth deformation from another of our neighbor's cats (out neighbor's cats are fixed now but used to be strays). Shadow is short-haired black with a white patch on his chest and near his...privet spot.

Tiger, in the other hand, is a pick-me-up-right-NOW cat! Whenever I am out in the coop or garden kneeling or squatting down he comes and sits on my lap, and whenever I make the slightest movements to put him down he scoops my hand closer with his paw and licks it, how can I resist that?! Another example is recently I was leaving the coop and he came and layed down in front of the door, because he knows that I won't kick him, so the only other option is for me to pick him up! A couple months ago we found him in the yard, injured, probably hit by a car. We thought we would have to put him down, but instead, he got better without any vet assistance. There is no sign of a limp or anything, but when he sits down I noticed he tends to stick his leg out pretty far, maybe it can't bend right. Tiger is brown-black with the same white patches as Shadow, and extremely long-haired!

20191227_121751.jpg
Tiger teasing Rachel, one of my Easter Eggers.

20191227_130207.jpg
Shadow chilling with the flock.

I didn't mean for this post to be so long, but oh well! :D

View attachment 2253959
Meet Shithead. Theo for short.
He’s 16 lbs and has ignored all the chickens and chicks. He dThisDon’t think he was out for blood..... more of the ‘I am king stuff around here.’ It’d terrify the roo for 4-5 days till he got cocky again, then Theo would take him down a notch.
These are "Silverlite". He reminds me of your kitty. He is a great hunter. he is 9 yrs old now. looks pretty good except when he fight with a feral tom cat and I have to doctor him for 2 weeks. He is neutered, but will take on a feral tom in his domain. He doesn't bother my chickens either. Good cat. I think Silver Tabby's are beautiful cats.

Silverlite kitty.JPG
100_6779.JPG

These are "Silverlite". He reminds me of your kitty. He is a great hunter. he is 9 yrs old now. looks pretty good except when he fight with a feral tom cat and I have to doctor him for 2 weeks. He is neutered, but will take on a feral tom in his domain. He doesn't bother my chickens either. Good cat. I think Silver Tabby's are beautiful cats.

View attachment 2279510View attachment 2279513
that is one nice looking cat

Two strays with 1 of my 3 girls. I say strays, but the black & white, Pepin, hasn't left since the end of March. The orange tabby, Cousteau, comes daily to be fed.
The blue kitty, Fleurida, lives inside.

Attachments

• 20190213_114305_HDR~5.jpg
    20190213_114305_HDR~5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20200710_230900_HDR~3.jpg
    20200710_230900_HDR~3.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200407_163842_HDR~2.jpg
    20200407_163842_HDR~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1

View attachment 2279510View attachment 2279513
Does he have a ridgeback?

Back
Top Bottom