Show me your chunnels!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by DarthRooster, Sep 14, 2013.

1. marktoo

marktoo Songster

Thanks for the info. Nice coop! Your girls are livin large. Come mid December or so we plan to move the tractor to the part of the garden we're cover cropping, then let them have access to a little of it at a time. Maybe it will last a little longer that way. I can't believe what 4 chickens can do to 100 square feet of pasture in 24 hours. They can pretty much take it down to bare ground. Amazing! We seem to be headed in the same direction with our girls.

1 person likes this.
  2. mamadawn

mamadawn Chirping

Apr 19, 2013
    Utah
    My girls love their new Chunnel. Expensive and labor intensive- worth every hour and every penny. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It goes from the main coop/ run, behind my shed, down the side yard to a second run. And yes- that's my little boy checking it out! Hope it's the last time he's in there :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  3. nerisa82

nerisa82 Hatching

Jul 2, 2014
    wow mamadawn that is awesome looking!

4. mamadawn

mamadawn Chirping

Apr 19, 2013
    Utah
    Thanks- I had fun putting it together. [​IMG][/IMG]

5. marktoo

marktoo Songster

Very nice!

6. hunterhart1113

hunterhart1113 In the Brooder

Dec 27, 2013
    I am sorry for asking this but how exactly are y'all building these. I am interested in them but am curious the material that everyone is using.

7. mamadawn

mamadawn Chirping

Apr 19, 2013
    Utah
    I can't speak for everyone but I'll put together what I did and post soon:)

8. mamadawn

mamadawn Chirping

Apr 19, 2013
    Utah
    I love to share info thanks for asking hunterheart1113- I'm starting a thread called "Build a Chunnel..." as several have asked for more instruction and I didn't want it to be lost in a older thread. I wanted to start a Thread anyway. Take a look and tell me what you think.
    mamadawn :)

9. Ilene

Ilene Chirping

Oct 18, 2013
    Hi Mamadawn,

Your chunnel is amazing. Our chickens are disappearing, we need something like that desperately.
    Can you tell me how you made it?
    Or at least what you used for the frame?

10. Ilene

Ilene Chirping

Oct 18, 2013
    Hi, I'm having trouble with dogs too. Can you tell me how you made your tunnel?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: