Show me your coop ventilation :)

Ridge vent = 3.3 sq ft
Soffit vents (area open between rafters) = 5.8 sq ft
Gable vents = 3 sq ft
5 windows with total area of 27 sq ft
pop door = 0.8 sq ft
Total ventilation area ~ 39 sq ft for 96 sq ft of chicken coop with another 32 sq of storage space/brooder room.
View attachment 1791991
I'm really liking your roosting area and the placement of the ramp. How high from the floor is this? And where do you put your nests? I don't mean to hijack this thread so you might want to answer via pm rather than here.

This is a way I added ventilation to a horrible prefab coop. It allows air to flow through without letting in rain or snow. I used plexiglass to double as a window. I should have used a bit bigger piece to reach all the way across but I had this on hand.if you have plenty of windows you could just use plywood. The idea is to hang this piece out away from the hardare cloth covered opening and long enough to stop just below the bottom most edge. I've seen others start by attaching 2x4s or thicker lumber around the top and side edges of the opening and attaching the plywood or other material to them. It's kind of a baffle thingy. Air flows without allow direct drafts or precipitation inside.
20180927_170750.jpg

Back
Top Bottom