show me your droppings board, please!

This is a good ole thread. The board collects the poop from the roost because that's where the abundance of poop will be, and it makes it easy to remove.

It would be kindof cool to have a big roll of paper at one end and just rip off the used and pull the new over to the end. Like the examining table at the doctor's office.
That is genius... wonder how expensive it would get.. docs make big bucks hehe.

Here's mine in the main coop. It has linoleum flooring (cheap remnant) on the bottom, I keep about an inch of stall dry or Sweet PDZ in it and just scoop with a kitty litter scoop. Sorry, not a spotless picture, but not too poopy.

Mr. Chicks, it's beautiful setup. And that stall stuff sounds much better than kitty litter.

I'll snoop around some industrial sites and see what I can find.

Mr. Chicks, it's beautiful setup. And that stall stuff sounds much better than kitty litter.

I'll snoop around some industrial sites and see what I can find.

Thanks, I'm happy with it. Poor Hubby lived through it, even though he had quite a few things to say about the chandelier.
big_smile.png
The front part is shelves for storage and metal trash cans for feed.

I used to get the PDZ at Tractor Supply. Now we have our own feed/general store, so I have it there.

Here are my roosts and poop board. The board has about 1 inch of PDZ in it. I just use a kitty litter scoop for about 1 minute every morning.

My birds are just about 9 weeks. I will keep raising the board until it is high enough that the birds can walk under it. That way, they get more usable space.

Here are my roosts and poop board. The board has about 1 inch of PDZ in it. I just use a kitty litter scoop for about 1 minute every morning.

My birds are just about 9 weeks. I will keep raising the board until it is high enough that the birds can walk under it. That way, they get more usable space.

Here is my poop board before chickens! It's filled with granular Sweet PDZ which is a desiccant...it dries out the poops quickly and helps with flies. I generally simply cover the poops in the morning when I let the gang out, then once or twice a week do a scoop and dump to the compost pile.

This was the droppings board in our old coop....we put a layer of sand on it before the chickens went in. We plan to build the one in our new coop very much the same because it worked so well.

Back
Top Bottom