Show me your duck coops! Update: also looking for duckling brooders

Quote:
Hey Mrpekinduck! I just noticed in your signature line that you have a duck toller dog. Is that a Nova Scotia duck toller? My aunt is one of the top breeders in the country for those dogs! They are incredibly awesome animals! That will be my next breed! Luckily I have a great resource for good lines!
wink.png
I would love to see pictures of yours sometime!

Yes we do have a nova scotia! Most people don't know that breed so good job!
thumbsup.gif
I'll try to get some pics when I get back from vacation, now I miss my jack!

Cool!!!
clap.gif

My aunt who breeds them is in Minnesota. I think its a really great breed of dog! How does it get along with your ducks though? I have a lab who is also a "duck hunting" breed. I believe it is all in how you raise and train them!
thumbsup.gif

50515_0612001555.jpg

My DD is a big University of Washington fan!
gig.gif

50515_img_1096961.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes we do have a nova scotia! Most people don't know that breed so good job!
thumbsup.gif
I'll try to get some pics when I get back from vacation, now I miss my jack!

Cool!!!
clap.gif

My aunt who breeds them is in Minnesota. I think its a really great breed of dog! How does it get along with your ducks though? I have a lab who is also a "duck hunting" breed. I believe it is all in how you raise and train them!
thumbsup.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/50515_0612001555.jpg

My DD is a big University of Washington fan!
gig.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/50515_img_1096961.jpg

I love the matching sweat shirts.

Here is my mostly done duck/goose coop. Aside from landscaping in the spring, we still have a few trim boards to put on and stain, a cupola, and the weathervane.

46932_ducky_domain.jpg

The geese use the small house and the ducks have a large door on the side.

Hi Duck Lovers!

I'm only partially ready for the ducks I'm getting this spring. This is the old chicken coop, revamped into a rabbit house, soon to be converted into a duck house (rabbits are moving into outside hutches attached to the outer side and back walls surrounding coop.)

My Mama, posing for scale.
114143_dscn6701.jpg

I intend to add a water porch off the front, to the side of the door. I'm planning on 3'x4', but could go up to 5'x12' (I'm limited in width by the door opening and that honeysuckle hedge). I'm thinking bigger might be better for the hard winter months, when the water porch might be their only outside access for days on end.

The coop itself is 5' wide, by 7.5' long (my brother built it years ago, so I have not clue why it's non-standard sizes
hmm.png
). The linoleum floor does not go up the walls at all (wasn't necessary for rabbits), so I'm thinking of painting about 3' up the walls with a low VOC waterproof paint to allow an occasional hose down. (any thoughts, facts, or opinions on this?) I also plan to put a drain hole in the lowest corner, well and thoroughly screened to prevent predator entry.

114143_dscn6702.jpg

As I'm very much in the draft stage, I appreciate any input
smile.png

Thanks,

Tahai

Quote:
How do you keep the stock tank clean?

I use a electric sump pump. It takes about 5 minutes to drain and then I rinse it out and refill! Very easy and cheap!

Back
Top Bottom