Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Pics
You poor unfortunate soul. You don't have one single chipping hammer.

:eek: What? Where is my chipping hammer?

Actually, I have a chipping hammer on the welding cart with my flux core welder. But good eye on noticing my incomplete set of hammers on that stand. Truth be told, not all my hammers are on that stand. I have a few other hammers and mallets stashed away in tool bags and drawers. Those hammers and mallets are set aside for certain uses and/or for quick tossing a tool go-bag into the truck to take on the road. That hammer stand was meant to hold all those hammers I had laying on the shelf in the garage.

:old I pretty much have a complete set of tools in my tool bags that I use on the road. I don't normally use any tools out of those bags because I don't want to be looking around the garage for my toolkit if I need to pack up and hit the road. That way, I save lots of time not worrying about what tools I have in the bags. I only need to add any specialty tools that I might need for a specific job.

:confused: My father was great in many ways, but not with tool usage and organization. I don't ever remember him returning a tool to a storage location. I would be constantly cleaning up after him and returning tools. I am more organized, but still have a long way to go. Keeping some tools in my tool bags for mobile use and other tools for use in and around the house separately helps me.

It's been raining here for the past few days, so nothing new to report on my pallet projects. Mainly been inside the house or in the garage cleaning and organizing. You know, the stuff you let sit to work on those rainy days.

Went into town and picked up a few more free pallets at Harbor Freight. They had a special sale on this weekend - get a free tool with any $49.99 purchase. I had a few things on my list waiting for a deal like this, so I loaded up my cart and chose a 18 Gauge 2-in-1 Air Nailer/Stapler as my free gift.

View attachment 3264291

That brad nailer/stapler is normally priced at $35.00, but I got it free with my $50.00 purchase. I am thinking I might try to build some bird houses, crates, bins, or other small projects using the stapler feature of this gun. I hope it's a good nailer/stapler. After 6,000+ reviews, it's rated at 4.5 stars.

One of my tool purchases on my list was this 1/4 in. - 2-1/8 in. Forstner Drill Bit Set With 3/8 in. Shanks, 16 Pc.

View attachment 3264305

I have been looking around town for a good Forstner bit set for a couple of months. Normally, $43.00 for the set, but I got a damaged shipping box reduced to $33.00. It's still a brand new set, but the plastic cover on the case was cracked. I don't care about the case top being cracked. It will be sitting in my tool box drawer out of sight.

:idunno Honestly, I have seen mixed reviews on this Harbor Freight Forstner bit set on YouTube. I don't imagine this set would be up to the standards of a professional woodworker, but I am hoping that the set will be good enough for my occasional DIY projects. It's the best deal I could find in town.

I also checked out Amazon and found other Forstner bits sets from $23.00 to $200.00. You know, I have never had a Forsner bit set, don't know how much I will use it in the future, and don't know a high quality set from an adequate, or poor, set of these bits. But I decided to take a chance on this set.

⚠️ Warning: Amazon reviews. ⚠️ I pretty much take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt these days. I have a nephew who just graduated from High School last year, and he got some job writing positive reviews for products on Amazon. The reseller company (not Amazon) tells/suggests them what words to use in their reviews and then he gets paid for writing up short 5 star reviews on items he has never seen or used. I cannot agree with that practice. :tongue
I actually got banned from writing Amazon reviews after I wrote my first 1* review. I received a notice that someone had reported my account for writing fake reviews. I had only ever written 4-5* reviews prior and never received money for them. I contacted Amazon and apparently I wasn't allowed to know the details of why exactly. I googled it and apparently it's not uncommon for someone to get banned from Amazon for writing a bad review simply because the companies reported the review as a fake one. No proof required automatic ban for the customer.

I actually got banned from writing Amazon reviews after I wrote my first 1* review.

:tongue That sucks. Did you get banned from all Amazon reviews, or just that product?

I have submitted a few 1 star reviews over many years, but have not yet been banned. I had a few reviews on Home Depot get not accepted due to some of their criteria rules, but I think that was because I linked to a better alternative product. If I don't like a product, I'll submit a negative review - at least until I get banned for my honesty.

:tongue That sucks. Did you get banned from all Amazon reviews, or just that product?

I have submitted a few 1 star reviews over many years, but have not yet been banned. I had a few reviews on Home Depot get not accepted due to some of their criteria rules, but I think that was because I linked to a better alternative product. If I don't like a product, I'll submit a negative review - at least until I get banned for my honesty.
Banned from writing any and all reviews. According to the initial ban notice I am either fake or suspected of receiving compensation for reviews. I have never met a company that compensates for bad reviews and I really would like to at the very least receive this magical compensation they speak of if they're going to ban me anyways. I'm also definitely not fake because if they took one look at my purchase history they would see that this fake account spent $10,000+.

Last edited:
Just got caught up on everyone's projects...wow some nice build going on and a to die for garden!
I love lil Doc too. He looks like he's living the life!
I need to figure out a way to save my favorite threads on here so I don't lose them when I get busy!

Select "Watch" at the top of the thread

Screenshot_20220919-192223_Samsung Internet.jpg

Click the three lines to open the menu
Screenshot_20220919-192408_Samsung Internet.jpg

Go to "Watched threads"
Screenshot_20220919-192239_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-192408_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919-192408_Samsung Internet.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom