Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Pics
I've seen people take old detergent bottles and cut a piece to make temporary hinges.

I'm sure that would work in many applications. However, I live in northern Minnesota, with an unheated garage, I think that plastic hinge would crack the first time I tried to open it in below freezing temps, even in the garage. That's why I was talking about using inner tube rubber cutouts as a hinge.

A slide out drawer underneath the top might be t.he best way to get storage.A simple 1 inch board on each side to hold the drawer .

🤔 I think I understand what you mean, however, on this modular workbench design, the 2X4's are used to make a solid frame on the top to hold the workbench top. Then, there are holes drilled into the 2X4's so the modular workbenches can be bolted together in any number of configurations. I don't see how that would be possible if I had pull out drawers.

I think your suggestion would work fine on some other benches/carts I have. So, I'll keep it mind if I modify those carts. Thanks. :)

🤔 I think I understand what you mean, however, on this modular workbench design, the 2X4's are used to make a solid frame on the top to hold the workbench top. Then, there are holes drilled into the 2X4's so the modular workbenches can be bolted together in any number of configurations. I don't see how that would be possible if I had pull out drawers.

I think your suggestion would work fine on some other benches/carts I have. So, I'll keep it mind if I modify those carts. Thanks. :)
Yes it defeats the purpose of designing them to be bolted together by putting drawers under them.Your best bet would be find a broken cabinet or window that hinges open.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-01 3.10.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-01 3.10.11 PM.png
    422 KB · Views: 7
Hey all, the minors and I have had a stand still on the Chicken Chalet (formally known as the Turkey Tower) plans changed and we are now looking to start another BIGGER flock of dual purpose chickens!

Minors and I put the roof on the other day. And even with all my measuring I still placed one of the metal sheets in the wrong spot (and didnt notice till it was screwed in *sigh*) and now have to look into buying a gutter as a precaution for the front as the overhang isn't were I wanted it. Oh well....
Easy fix I believe.

We still need to add a door as well as hardware cloth around the bottom on the Chalet.

@gtaus like the idea you have for the drawer hopefully you can find the hinges you need!!

Attachments

• 20221203_031856.jpg
    20221203_031856.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hey all, the minors and I have had a stand still on the Chicken Chalet (formally known as the Turkey Tower) plans changed and we are now looking to start another BIGGER flock of dual purpose chickens!

Minors and I put the roof on the other day. And even with all my measuring I still placed one of the metal sheets in the wrong spot (and didnt notice till it was screwed in *sigh*) and now have to look into buying a gutter as a precaution for the front as the overhang isn't were I wanted it. Oh well....
Easy fix I believe.

We still need to add a door as well as hardware cloth around the bottom on the Chalet.

@gtaus like the idea you have for the drawer hopefully you can find the hinges you need!!

looks great.

I have heard that I can mix some soil with cement and make a sort of concrete instead of a pricy hardware cloth around coops. our soil has sand and pebbles in it. it is important to bury this concrete deep down (the same thing as hardware cloth) so that rats don't make nests under it.

Back
Top Bottom