Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

Pics
Spent the day "wall papering" the Chicken Chalet. I am out of feed bags and not even half way yet lol....good thing I have till spring!!

I left the bottom 24in or so open for now bc I can't decide if I wanna fill it in with steel wool first?!?

The plan was always to cover the bottom 24 in or so in hardwore cloth on the outside. BUT while pricing hardwire cloth I noticed steel wool....

Any thoughts on this?? One better than the other?? Equal?? Non comparable ?? Lol

Attachments

• 20221208_120052.jpg
    20221208_120052.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Spent the day "wall papering" the Chicken Chalet. I am out of feed bags and not even half way yet lol....good thing I have till spring!!

I left the bottom 24in or so open for now bc I can't decide if I wanna fill it in with steel wool first?!?

The plan was always to cover the bottom 24 in or so in hardwore cloth on the outside. BUT while pricing hardwire cloth I noticed steel wool....

Any thoughts on this?? One better than the other?? Equal?? Non comparable ?? Lol

steel wool? isn't it soft and easy to break?

Hey all, the minors and I have had a stand still on the Chicken Chalet (formally known as the Turkey Tower) plans changed and we are now looking to start another BIGGER flock of dual purpose chickens!

Minors and I put the roof on the other day. And even with all my measuring I still placed one of the metal sheets in the wrong spot (and didnt notice till it was screwed in *sigh*) and now have to look into buying a gutter as a precaution for the front as the overhang isn't were I wanted it. Oh well....
Easy fix I believe.

We still need to add a door as well as hardware cloth around the bottom on the Chalet.

@gtaus like the idea you have for the drawer hopefully you can find the hinges you need!!
That looks wonderful!

I think the steel wool would rust to bits fast. Even with no direct moisture...the dew that condenses now and then would probably do it.

Can't wait to see it all finished ❤️

That's great! Built in the true spirit of a chicken coop.

That looks wonderful!

I think the steel wool would rust to bits fast. Even with no direct moisture...the dew that condenses now and then would probably do it.

Can't wait to see it all finished ❤️
Thanks, and very valid points
Thank you!

That's great! Built in the true spirit of a chicken coop.
Haha...thanks!!!
The nice thing abt the bags is if they get ruined, I'll just take it down and replace it with a new one lol...since I A LWAYS have feed bags between the pig, bunnies and chickens lol

Back
Top Bottom