Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

I am truly tired.

I have broken down many pallets over the past year, and just looking at the stack of wood there, I'm sure that was a lot of work even with a circular saw.

FWIW, I use the circular saw method perhaps more than any other breakdown method. It's fast and relatively easy. I like how the shorter slats come out nail free when you use a circular saw to cut them off the pallet.

Having said that, the type, quality, and condition of the pallet itself often dictates what method would be best for the breakdown. But the wood is free if you are willing to put in the effort to breakdown the pallets for your projects.

All of my builds I've uses full pallets....

Does that make me lazy??
Smart??
Handy??
Idk...but it works 🤣🤣🤣

Practical? Maybe? I have made some projects with full pallets, but most of the time I am breaking down the pallets and reusing the wood. I always get excited when I come up with a use for a full pallet because it just saves so much time and effort if you don't have disassemble the pallet in order to assemble your project.

That'll make a 6 foot tall fence that should block chickens and deer (I hope).
Good chance it will block the chickens. Good luck with a 6 foot tall fence that deer can't jump over.

1685345614932.png

I tried pulling some boards off this morning and they just pretty much cracked. Those darn spiral nails hang on tight!

Yep, when that happens, I either get my circular saw and cut off the planks off on the 2X4 edges, or, I use my reciprocating saw and cut the nails off between the slat and the 2X4. Depending on the quality of the pallet wood slat and do I need/want to keep the entire length of the slat or will cutting it up into ~20 inches lengths be good enough? Basically, I use the method that allows me to recover the greatest amount of wood on each pallet. It's good to be able to use a number of different disassembly methods.

Thanks, guys. My pallet wood raised beds looked so good that Dear Wife took over 3 of them this morning! I guess that is the final stamp of approval when she is willing to put her plants in my raised garden beds.

Dear Wife got some Asian plants from a friend and planted some bitter melon, eggplant, and some other plant that I cannot pronounce in my raised beds. One of those raised beds is going to need a trellis, so I'm looking at various designs that I can make out of pallet wood - at least for the framing. Might want to use some kind of wire for the plants to crawl up on. Still open on those ideas.
I made trellises for my garden outta branches and twine. One is branches and some 4x2 welded wire....

I'll try to get some pics....

Practical? Maybe? I have made some projects with full pallets, but most of the time I am breaking down the pallets and reusing the wood. I always get excited when I come up with a use for a full pallet because it just saves so much time and effort if you don't have disassemble the pallet in order to assemble your project.

It's truly bc I don't want the hassle ...so lazy....
🤣🤣🤣

But all of my builds have required full pallets thus far...since they are living quarters for animals.

I limit myself by just building buildings and fences with the pallets and nothing else....one day I wanna do a few garden beds as well...(unless you wanna come build them...ill provide the pallets 🤣🤣🤣)

One day I wanna try a pallet sofa....

After I build the porch and shed.

I should be getting the wood to start the shed very soon.... be prepared for pictures!!!

You all are making me want pallets to build stuff! I have lots of ideas. I don't have lots of time right now; the gardens are keeping me pretty busy.

We had to buy the lumber for the addition to the coop. That's ok, it has to match the rest of the coop.
Same here on everyone making me want to do pallet builds! I have four brand new matching pallets and a pile of scrap wood to build a dog house. But finding the free time can be hard. I have so many projects waiting for my time still.

Looking forward to @Hedgeland Farms trellis pictures...that sounds lovely ❤️

I made trellises for my garden outta branches and twine. One is branches and some 4x2 welded wire....

I'll try to get some pics....

Thanks, I'm considering all ideas at this point.

One day I wanna try a pallet sofa....

I started watching YouTube videos on making outdoor benches and chairs. I like the looks of some of those garden benches with built in tables between the two sides. On my list, is to make something like that out of pallet wood and then probably paint it. But, it's not high on the list just yet.

I should be getting the wood to start the shed very soon.... be prepared for pictures!!!

:thumbsup I'm ready!

We had to buy the lumber for the addition to the coop. That's ok, it has to match the rest of the coop.

Yes, that's definitely a major consideration when you already have something built. At least lumber prices have come down compared to a few years ago at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. Lumber prices are still too high, but much better than a few years ago.

Good chance it will block the chickens. Good luck with a 6 foot tall fence that deer can't jump over.

View attachment 3521682

Yep, when that happens, I either get my circular saw and cut off the planks off on the 2X4 edges, or, I use my reciprocating saw and cut the nails off between the slat and the 2X4. Depending on the quality of the pallet wood slat and do I need/want to keep the entire length of the slat or will cutting it up into ~20 inches lengths be good enough? Basically, I use the method that allows me to recover the greatest amount of wood on each pallet. It's good to be able to use a number of different disassembly methods.
Electric fencing is in my toolkit, too, if necessary. LOL

Back
Top Bottom