Show Me Your Pallet Projects!

:lau A "rootless" shed! Hoping that it decides to grow some roots and stay with you for many years!

More seriously, I am anxious to see what you do for a roof. Where I live, we have to build our structures to withstand significant snow loads. That is where, in the past, I have spent a lot of money on my builds.

:idunno Are you thinking of buying prebuilt rafters or making your own? That 20X20 shed is pretty darn big and I just wonder how you are going to put up a roof.

We are thinking perlins, slanted roof, plywood and shingles, as metal is hard to haul at that length. We don't get a ton of snow...maybe 2 falls a yr...and likely they aren't much.

We are thinking perlins, slanted roof, plywood and shingles, as metal is hard to haul at that length. We don't get a ton of snow...maybe 2 falls a yr...and likely they aren't much.

Looking forward to seeing that. Roofing is a major concern for my builds. Sometimes I wish we had less snow to worry about, but you deal with what have to where you live.

Looking forward to seeing that. Roofing is a major concern for my builds. Sometimes I wish we had less snow to worry about, but you deal with what have to where you live.
Like uneven ground 🤣🤣🤣

If we had the big equipment for leveling we would have...but alas..we do not....

Really we aren't too sure on the roof....
We went big, and well...now we've got to figure it out... it was gonna be 12x12...

It's done for now...
Outta wood...and used all my pallets.
The 4x4 on the right isn't attached as it bowed a TON...but I wanted to kinda see the look of it.

Door is 8ft wide for mower and four wheeler purposes.

It's not perfect...but we didn't expect perfect...we are working with pallets and uneven ground after all...

Attachments

• 20230607_152741.jpg
    20230607_152741.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Like uneven ground 🤣🤣🤣

If we had the big equipment for leveling we would have...but alas..we do not....

Really we aren't too sure on the roof....
We went big, and well...now we've got to figure it out... it was gonna be 12x12...

It's done for now...
Outta wood...and used all my pallets.
The 4x4 on the right isn't attached as it bowed a TON...but I wanted to kinda see the look of it.

Door is 8ft wide for mower and four wheeler purposes.

It's not perfect...but we didn't expect perfect...we are working with pallets and uneven ground after all...

:bow Wow! That's a lot of work done in such a short time.

That shed really looks huge. I can't wait to see how you build a roof on a 20-foot shed! That's a big span to cover. Hope you don't have to spend $$$ on special beams or lumber for that length. I don't know what I would do.

You can probably use the bowed 4X4 somewhere else. It doesn't look that bad to me, but I also know that you don't want a bowed post on the doorframe.

Perfect or not, you have really put some effort into this project, and it looks great to me. I can't wait to see what happens for the roof.

:bow Wow! That's a lot of work done in such a short time.

That shed really looks huge. I can't wait to see how you build a roof on a 20-foot shed! That's a big span to cover. Hope you don't have to spend $$$ on special beams or lumber for that length. I don't know what I would do.

You can probably use the bowed 4X4 somewhere else. It doesn't look that bad to me, but I also know that you don't want a bowed post on the doorframe.

Perfect or not, you have really put some effort into this project, and it looks great to me. I can't wait to see what happens for the roof.

We are talking abt trusses now. I am not sure how we'd do the roof just yet.
That requires some research!

Shout out to hubby who was able to help me knock out the last 3 walls!!!

It only goes up so fast bc I hyper focus on stuff like this. I also obsess....in my head....abt plans and how to until the project is started. I have been planning this shed for a yr...(some plans have changed lol)
And its like a release for me to get it up...and outta my head....

Now the focus is the roof...and I am constantly thinking abt how to put it on there 😂😂😂 (the plan for this changed)

So far my total in this shed is $219

In case anyone is curious...we are pretty darn square. The exact measurements are
L17'8"xW17'5" which is to be expected as I left 2 2x4s out on the front and back side.

The front is measuring a W of 17'7" currently back is at 17'5" we are off by 2" but that is easily fixed with some able bodies.

The original plan was 16x16...we added 1.5ft by adding in the 2x4s and 4x4s

It wasn't much of a pallet project, but I used some of the pieces left over after I cut the boards I wanted off of those huge pallets. I stacked four sections up to make a quick and easy roost in the coop, where I'm introducing my new roosters to the girls. I layed a 6 inch wide flat board on top of the stack so the roosters would have a nice flat space for their feet.

IMG_1328.JPG

Yall!!! I have found 20ft long pieces of metal!!!
I've got to special order them into menards...but they have them.

I think this roof is gonna be the most expensive part 😳

Looking like a 500-600 dollar roof.

I need 17 20ft long 2x4s
And 6 pieces of 20ft long metal

Not sure when that's gonna happen 😕
Hubby was let go after 33yrs at our job.

Let him go...I stay...

He was salary ...and they walked 9 salary paid people out.

Yall!!! I have found 20ft long pieces of metal!!!
I've got to special order them into menards...but they have them.

I think this roof is gonna be the most expensive part 😳

Looking like a 500-600 dollar roof.

I need 17 20ft long 2x4s
And 6 pieces of 20ft long metal

Not sure when that's gonna happen 😕
Hubby was let go after 33yrs at our job.

Let him go...I stay...

He was salary ...and they walked 9 salary paid people out.
Soooooo
Someone at work had used metal we can go take down and have!!! And it's enough!!!!

Back
Top Bottom