Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics
I'm new to raising quail and this forum. Here is my pen / Condo. The idea was to make it look nice for neighbors and visitors.
This is probably the best-looking quail condo I've seen! We're in the process of planning to add some pens in the chicken coop that we're finishing... Are those pvc feedersclamped to the pull out poop tray?

This is probably the best-looking quail condo I've seen! We're in the process of planning to add some pens in the chicken coop that we're finishing... Are those pvc feedersclamped to the pull out poop tray?

Thanks. My quail are enjoying them, but they think I'm their maid.

No, I designed the floor and front of the pens so that the eggs roll down and out the pen. The PVC feeders rest on the front edge of the egg tray. I'll attach some photos to make it clear. The system works well. I just lift the feeders off, collect the eggs and put feed in the feeders.

The poop trays (not in the photos) ride on rails under the pen floor. The poop trays are oil pans that catch oil leaks on old British cars
smile.png
and can be found at auto supply stores.

Here is a pic of my new pen. I enjoy building these as much as having the quail. On this one I added leftover roof material to the side for a bit of wind block. Its 3x8'..... I am wondering how many quail it could hold. I have heard 1 every square foot from some and 1 every 1/2 square foot from others. The jugs are for sand baths. I am waiting on a hatch to fill it with quail.

Thanks. My quail are enjoying them, but they think I'm their maid. No, I designed the floor and front of the pens so that the eggs roll down and out the pen. The PVC feeders rest on the front edge of the egg tray. I'll attach some photos to make it clear. The system works well. I just lift the feeders off, collect the eggs and put feed in the feeders. The poop trays (not in the photos) ride on rails under the pen floor. The poop trays are oil pans that catch oil leaks on old British cars :) and can be found at auto supply stores. .
Thanks so much for posting additional pictures! Those stands for the pvc feeders are made of wood (painted)? Did you just glue them? What lids did you use for the end of your pvc feeders the ones I get from Home Depot seems to be thicker pipes with rubber capa you can buy separate. What's the measurement of the slope on your floor so the eggs will roll to the front? What are you using for your water system? Also, how will the milk jugs work for the dust baths? Pardon the endless questions just want to learn as much as I can!

Hey I just have a question for everyone. I saw this coop on this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/685159/quail-coop-competition-show-off-your-hard-work/10 and I really like it. Does anyone have any idea about how to build one like this? I sent a pm to the builder of this coop, but he hasn't been online for quite a while. If anyone has any ideas, throw them out there! =] Or if anyone that knows more about carpentry would like to draw up some plans??? ;) ;) That would be FANTASTIC!!!

Back
Top Bottom