Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics
. My first quail pen for my jumbo browns 8x2x2

. I made it almost 2' high to stack my other pens. Got to add a good water and feed system

Last edited:

My first quail hutch. Its six feet long with interior height of one foot in each cage, two feet deep.
I built a watering system with a seven gallon tank, 3/4" PVC pipes and three nipples in each cage. So far, I recommend the plug-in type nipples with a grommet over the screw in kind.
I have 11 jumbo coturnix in the top section and 12 standards in the bottom. I installed an LED rope light that's 18 feet long and threads through both cages. I'll post a pic of it all lit up.

Would something like this work for housing?
I'm interested in keeping a few females and two males, I thought I could put a partition up if the two males start to fight.

They are on sale for less then $200 right now and I was thinking this would work for summer and small enough to pick up and move into the big shed for winter.

That would work great. Most of mine are kept in rabbit hutches. But if they can get to the ground they are much happier. Just make sure the wire is at most no more then 1/2 inch opening cause them cats will rip those quail through chicken wire.

Awesome thanks! I'm going to wrap it in a nice 1/4" hardware cloth :)
You will want to use something to prevent predators from digging under to get your quail. A skirt of wire placed on the ground around the outside will work, you can bury it or leave it on the surface.

Last edited:

Here is a photo of my new quail house. Their cages hang inside of the protected shell. So far I love it. I am no carpenter so I was quite impressed with how it came out.

Back
Top Bottom