Show me your quail pens!!!

DSC_0019.JPG

AC737F2E-2FDE-4991-9B4E-47807914FDCF.jpeg
Here is our indoor aviary that we designed and built! It has 4 sections for different groups of buttons and even room for our zebra finches! The chicken wire is covered by clear plastic that can slide in and out of the wooden slots for easy cleaning. The floors are covered in vinyl which also makes cleaning easy. We built the frame and doors to fit our feeding and water setups. We also built a perch for the finches at the peak. We love watching the button quails interact each day!

B1D56908-8B53-4A40-B9CE-7C2F1E269478.jpeg

Last edited:
Excuse the mess inside the coop and outside. I have been working on the outside.....slowlym and i havent cleaned the inside in a few days.
These pins were made for our gunieas and chucker we had but the guineas we have left have moved in with the chickens and we no longer have chucker. Im not a big fan of chicken wire but it has worked so far. We usually use hard wire cloth. Safer and stronger.
We will be makeing new ones for the quail at one point, that are longer and a just tall enough to stand in with big boxes off the back to their nest or to get out of the weather. But for now these have worked great!
20180103_104532.jpg
20180103_104604.jpg

Well, this isn't really a pen. Just a temporary setting until this little group is completely feathered and can move into a larger aviary (two of them will be sold.) It an old large curio cabinet, with side glass panels removed and replaced by mesh screening. I added a full spectrum slim-line light to the top and attached the red heat lamp to the side.

Such a cool idea!!! I am thinking of doing a DIY reno on an antique cabinet (or something similar) into an indoor button quail house

View attachment 1222593Here is our indoor aviary that we designed and built! It has 4 sections for different groups of buttons and even room for our zebra finches! The chicken wire is covered by clear plastic that can slide in and out of the wooden slots for easy cleaning. The floors are covered in vinyl which also makes cleaning easy. We built the frame and doors to fit our feeding and water setups. We also built a perch for the finches at the peak. We love watching the button quails interact each day!

View attachment 1222594
Absolutely LOVE!!! This post is why i found this forum. I saw a link to this post on pinterest.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if quail need nesting boxes like chickens? If so how big should I make them if I get Coturnix Quail (Sp?)
they don't use nest boxes like chickens but every egg I've ever gotten out of the coop has been in the little house part that has hay on the floor

Back
Top Bottom