Show me your quail pens!!!

Well thank-you! Do you have any predator concerns with the open ground deal? PS - what’s fallow?
Fallow means that I'm not growing anything in them at the time. My quail get to live on my garden beds during late fall and all winter, then get moved around my yard during spring and summer when I'm growing vegetables in them.

20200805_184740.jpg
This is my quail enclosure. This photo was taken before I added additional food/water sources, a sand bath and some boxes for hiding.

There’s so much height in there that you could almost add a whole extra floating floor connected by a ramp - double your surface area. Mine seem to love using their ramps to the higher levels and checking out the world outside from an elevated position, as long as the ramps are wide and textured for grip. The fan’s a great addition - how hot does it get over your way? Now I wonder if I need a fan too, lol!

Yeah, the wide ramps also create extra shaded hide spaces underneath them, so they serve a dual benefit. We get to same kind of temps here in Sydney, but I have no power source to rig up a fan outside. I think in the worst of the summer, I’ll position their coop on the lawn under a giant jasmine bush to keep them as shaded as possible. I’m hoping between that and some sprinkler time each day, they’ll stay comfortable.

Wanted to add my contribution! After browsing this thread I finally settled on a design.
I am quite pleased with the feeders I created. Almost no waste! 3 inch pcv pipe shoved into an enclosed container (this one was dishwasher tabs) with 2 inch holes drilled for their heads. I found tupperware works also. I refill the top like a hopper. Secured to the side with some wire. I took a chance on these water cups also and have been pleased.
I live giving the quail fresh grass every day to scratch through and settle in for the night. They love when I refill their dust baths. They are some cute, stinky little dudes.
20200822_175409.jpg
20200822_175424.jpg
20200822_175441.jpg
20200822_175533.jpg
20200822_175606.jpg

Back
Top Bottom