Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics
Here is the finished picture of our Coop.

We used the rabbit cage kit from TSC. We used 2x2, plywood & PVC Roofing.
The cage hangs on the inside from screws, so the pan can slide in easily!
Front View
4594677081_0bdb154abb.jpg

Side View
4594677717_c0b477a7a2.jpg

These arent the best pictures of our set up but they shall do, also in the background of one of the pictures you can see a big green thing? That is our chicken coop! 10x20ft

56502_quail_pen.jpg

56502_quail_pen_2.jpg

56502_cort_quail_2.jpg

I've got some pics of my biggest pen, most of my birds are in rabbit cages (2' x 2' or 2' x 4'). This pen is about 3' x 8', there are 24 (I think) birds in this pen.

Front view:
broodycoturnixandpen001.jpg

Side:
broodycoturnixandpen002.jpg

broodycoturnixandpen003.jpg

It is made of 2x2s and particle board mostly. The right side (blue door) is completely enclosed, about 2 1/2' x 3'. This is where most of the quail lay, and where my broody decided to make her nest
big_smile.png
There is a 'door' between this side and the open-air side, approximately 3" x 3". Just a hole cut out in the divider.
smile.png

The open-air side makes up the remainder of the 7' and some-odd-inches length. The front only of this side is wire, all 3 other sides are completely closed. About half the bottom of this side is wire, the other half is wood. It's not completely done, I need a better door on the open-air side. But it works
smile.png

Pics of my work in progress.. brooder on bottom, cages on top. I use the plant trays that hold the 6 pack flats under my top pens for drop pans. tar paper with pine shavings under the bottom cages. This makes clean up pretty easy. The actual cages on the right are 4 feet by 18 inches deep by 24 inches high. each cage has 2 inches under the 1/2 X 1 inch wire for the drop pans. I used the big gauged 1 inch by 1 inch for the back, top, doors, and fronts of the cages. The dividers are made out of 9 inch flashing and cage clipped to the wire. This makes each pen 16 inches wide by 18 inches deep by 9 inches high and can house a roo and 3 hens in each. Now just to add some good feeders and an auto watering system.

59035_dscf3071.jpg

59035_dscf3073.jpg

59035_dscf3070.jpg

Back
Top Bottom