Show me your Serama Roos!

How many do you have? Wish you were closer as I have a number of chicks/youngsters to sell; all from wonderful stock.
I just have the one rooster. He holds his own in the flock. My big orpington rooster doesn't bother him at all. He needs a few hens of his own size. It's too cold to do anything now.

I just have the one rooster. He holds his own in the flock. My big orpington rooster doesn't bother him at all. He needs a few hens of his own size. It's too cold to do anything now.
Yes, it's getting on to cold weather. Here the weather never gets real cold like my home state of WI. TN winters are comparable to early spring in WI. What real cold we have never lasts for more than a day or so.

I don't know how long you've had your rooster, but be aware that serama can't deal with severe cold; under 20F for long.

I've a heat lamp set up to use when we do get those rare days in the twenties and teens.

Now you folks got me all stirred up! I love these little chickens. They are just so darn cute. I want to get more. They don't eat a lot. They are tame but can run like greased lightning when they want to. I would like to get a better photo of my rooster his sickle feathers have grown out more now.

Back
Top Bottom