Show off ur bright colored hens! Need more color in my flock! Pics Pls

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
I looked outside at my flock and realized that I don't have enough color. All I have are earth tones!!!
lau.gif
I have black, brown, and white chickens, 2 ameraucanas (roo and hen), one oddball that looks like a silver phoenix hen, a mottled houdan roo, barred rock roo, and a salmon favorelle hen. I have too many roos as it is, so I'm looking for hens from a breed that lay interesting eggs AND/OR are VERY colorful (like yellows and golds and bright reds - feathers, not combs and wattles LOL!) Do you have a breed that fits this description??? PLEASE POST A PIC!!!!!

Last edited:
I have cochins, I just don't really like the colored ones...like the partridge....I'm looking for the really vivid colors, like yellow, red, gold, etc....the warmer colors. I just have no clue what breeds have these colors, especially the hens, and I've been trying to search it little by little and just figured I'd ask my fellow BYC'ers to give me a hand!!!

Oh, big, bright combs and wattles add to the color!

Do you like the white-faced black Spanish chickens? Those are a black breed with TONS of color on the head and face.

Here is a list of birds you might check out...

D'Uccles
Golden Campines
Silver-Gray Dorkings
Faverolles
Red Sussex
Welsummers (VERY pretty!)
Wyandottes (many different feather varieties)

Here's one of my SLWs. I love his tail feathers in the sunlight. They have a teal-green sheen to them.
DSC_0007.jpg

Here's Little Feather, a SS.
5683_dsc_0106.jpg

And one of my Golden Comets, Goldie.
5683_dsc_0015.jpg

And here's Henrietta and Henry.
DSC_0020.jpg

oh my, i just said I wouldn't get any more eggs for a while and then I see these absolutely gorgeous BLRW !! Have to have some!!
smile.png

Vicki in Michigan

Back
Top Bottom