Show off your baby chicks!

We are ready to go outside!!! I am amazed every day at their progress. We believe they are sex links. Will be six weeks old this week. Very happy Lil pooping peepers. :love

They look similar to some of our darker sex links. Mine are about a week or so younger but growing fast. Just a little down left around the necks to get rid of before they're outside ready. Congrats!

HELP!
I got these peeps from a completed school classroom project, from somewhere in Indiana. I got no information other than then are approximately 3 weeks old. I have no idea what breed. Despite what some of the images look like, they are GREY in color. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

HELP!
I got these peeps from a completed school classroom project, from somewhere in Indiana. I got no information other than then are approximately 3 weeks old. I have no idea what breed. Despite what some of the images look like, they are GREY in color. Any thoughts?

Could just be barnyard mixes from someone with a splash rooster. The eggs for those school projects are usually donated by local breeders or farmers. I'd think the school could at least tell you what color the eggs were?

The chicks are 4 weeks old now! They grow so fast.
Our 2 light Brahma's.

My favorite chick is one of the Brahma's. We call her Puckett.

The Polish are hilarious looking right now!
1f602.png

The Speckled Sussex are the smallest of the bunch but very spunky
1f601.png
Fun to watch.

The Silver Laced Wyandottes love to fly! Always practicing landing on other chicks.
1f60b.png

That plastic tub brooder I obsessed over for a month before the girls arrived? Yeah, they outgrew it in a week. Moved up to a large moving box tonight. They are so big already! And Ethel the EE and Taco the BR definitely seem to be top of the pecking order already...

We let our 4 week old chicks outside today for a couple minutes and this guy decided to go for a ride lol he did this a couple times

Back
Top Bottom