Show off your birds!!!

Pics
Sorry I haven't been on the site much but I have a question... Do you guys use fans in you coops? I just got one let's say my ladies are all sitting in front of it! :pop
i have an evaporator cooler in my larger coop with a circulating fan to spread the cool air around , but my husband died a wile back & i dont know how all of that gets hooked back up since it was all unhooked for the winter so the water lines didn't freeze up & brake , but i do have 2 doors one small door only for the chickens with a slide up & down door, the other is the people size door so right now , i just keep the circulating fan on & keep both doors open so the air goes through the coop , but all my birds free range and stay mostly under shade trees all day, they only use the coops for laying eggs and at night time they get locked up safe & sound, but thank goodness we have had cool low humidity weather here in AZ so its been cool ,i wont allow my birds to be stressed out by heat so my hens are not use to heat, so i always do my best to keep them in about 55 to 80 degrees year round .

A pic of me and my Silkie rooster Rooroo in the morning. Many say roosters don't make good pets compared to hens, but Rooroo is a total marshmallow and even falls asleep cuddling with me. :) He is actually more docile than the hen we got him with! :lau
Rooster Cuddles.png
He is also a great dad and a father of 10, taking care of the 5 older chicks and looking out for the hen and her 5 babies.
Mama Papa and Babies.png

my wild cat =Black kitty & my house cat = Spot are always hanging out with the chickens, & sleeping with them under the trees in the afternoons, so good to see that our cats like your cat, are being very guarding & protective of our chickens, but sadly for my poor cats the chickens eat up their food.:th:p

my wild cat =Black kitty & my house cat = Spot are always hanging out with the chickens, & sleeping with them under the trees in the afternoons, so good to see that our cats like your cat, are being very guarding & protective of our chickens, but sadly for my poor cats the chickens eat up their food.:th:p

My cat protects my flock also, keeping other cats away who would harm them and hunt the small babies. Though the chickens aren't too fond of her and eat her food, Angel knows I am there for her to shoo them away and fill her plate up again. :p

My cat protects my flock also, keeping other cats away who would harm them and hunt the small babies. Though the chickens aren't too fond of her and eat her food, Angel knows I am there for her to shoo them away and fill her plate up again. :p
i had to change were i feed my cats , other wise im filling their food bowl 10 times a day ..lol.. jeeezzzz:p:rolleyes::hmm:lol:

Back
Top Bottom