Show Off Your Brahma's!

Be Gentle now, this girl is 9.5 years old and still pops out a very bumpy thick shell egg every rare rare moon.

63871_012.jpg

Quote:
She was hatched from me right?
ere
I can 100% for sure say she is a light brahma, Buff Orp cross. I've had tons of chicks that look exactly like her.
smile.png
They make lovely birds. Lay big brown eggs. Nice roosters too. They are looking cute!

Yes ~ she is from one of your eggs. She is a very pretty girl and I am hoping to see eggs from her sometime in late August. I did have another just like her who went to live with some friends. There were also 4 roosters like her which I had to rehome as I have way too many right now.

Quote:
wow!
thats old!
how often does she lay, (not very much i suppose)

have you ever tried to hatch any of her eggs?

luke

Sjisty, are those standards? Congrats on your perfect hatch. This chick is typical of my bantam lights. The difference is amazing.
60393_resize_chick.jpg

Quote:
Hi Tim -

Yes, they are standards. I got them from Bigdawg here at BYC. I hatched 13 in the incubator and put 2 under a broody. She hatched her's yesterday. We did have to cull one, but that's still a lot of chicks in the middle of my living room floor!

If you look at the second one from the right, you'll see it has a black stripe on the top of it's head. The rest are all yellow fuzz.

More showing off -

This is Junior. He comes from a blue partridge dad and a lemon pyle mom. He has major vulture hocks but I love his colors!

31698_p1010305.jpg
31698_p1010310.jpg

Here are some more from the same parents -

31698_p1010227.jpg
31698_p1010229.jpg
31698_p1010209.jpg

Here are mom and dad

31698_p1010018.jpg
31698_p1000837.jpg

I lost my beautiful Gizmo a couple of months ago, but hopefully Junior will carry on.

Back
Top Bottom