Show off your coops!

Quote:
Yep, it's a litterbox I used in my temp coop, but my two adult hens didn't like it for laying; they used the floor. Now it's a Silkie house for my 3 month old gray/black pair, plus my 3 month old Barred Rock pullet, 4 week old Brahma pullet, and 5 week old Australorp pullet. The funny part is the Silkie and BR pullets don't like the chicks, but the Silkie roo enjoys having them snuggle up to him
lol.png
. The rest of the chickens use the roosts (after they've spent an hour fighting over who goes where!).

Quote:
Is that whole thing for the chickens!? Do you have more pics? I would love to see more angles and the interior! It looks fantastic!

Here is the finished coop inside with the folding down double roost, nest boxes, and feed set up. Everything can be moved out or lowered down. The coop is 8 x 10, made of 2 x 6" boards which changes it into 7 x 9, fully insulated with vapor barrier, plywood walls double painted with exterior latex paint. It has a wall convection heater, Eco Heater, and a 250 watt infrared bulb in a metal cage. The floor is made the same way as the walls, covered with painted plywood, vinyl flooring, rubber base cove. It has three windows, double paned with crank out ability and screens. High on the end walls are a couple of screened attic vents which can be blocked or partially blocked by varying the size of blue foam insulation cut into various lengths.
56124_nest_boxes_hinthint.jpg

56124_roost1.jpg

56124_roost2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom