Show Off Your "Fowlest" Fowl!

At least they're sweet!
tongue.png

Here's mine. She's a Buff Cochin. She's has a horrible tail and hardly any feathers on her feet. She may be homely, but she's very sweet. Guess it pays to have a good personality when you aren't scoring so high in the looks department. She's one of my favorite chickens. Frodo:
86165_2011-10-17_11-36-39_852.jpg

And for comparison, her sister. Who is a big ball of fluff with cute bell bottoms. Frick(and she has a twin sister named Frack, of course):
86165_2011-10-17_11-37-10_552.jpg

Last edited:
My Light Brahma, Mila.

She's a nearly 3 year old hen who's severely underweight and undersize (she weighs about 5-6 lbs, a normal Brahma hen should weigh 9 lbs) She has really bad coloring (unwanted black on the back, too much black on the neck) She's partially blind, she has too low of a tail set/sangle and a very pinched tail, and too little feathering on the legs. Even her eggs are on the small size. She's VERY far from the standard but I love her! I wouldn't keep her if I didn't
smile.png
She's a very calm, talkative (but in a mumbling voice) and friendly girl.

4485413987_96e52948b2_o.jpg

Molting, next to a 7 month old normal Brahma pullet (who is still growing) -

6248309743_8c16128b8a_z.jpg

6248833738_9ba108805e_z.jpg

Quote:
i read that it could be mites

Thanks, I have tried treating him for mites, but wouldn't I have found a few bugs? He got it as a chick (really young, about when he first started growing feathers) and it hasn't changed much. He was also with 4 other chicks that had no problems. I think he is a bit more sensative too, because he had a swollen spot on his neck as a chick that we're guessing was a burn from the heat lamp, but he acted normal. He grew a bit slower than the others, too. I have also discovered that he has a soft spot on the back of his knee that is sensative, but the rest of his leg is hard and rough.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom