Show Off Your Games!

One of my Leipers from last years breeding.

Last edited:
But I am a die hard game chicken enthusiast (now of the legal type).
I really like this idea and wish I could do more to help you with this project. Too bad eggs dont ship well...
I still have my wild type rooster... he lost his eye in a fight to the death with his half brother, but he recovered and is strong and healthy again. I will be breeding him again this year. I got two good wild type daughters from him last year but I dont want to breed them back to the father.

Hi everyone,
I had a question for gamefowl enthusiasts: which is the broodiest and best mother of them all? Everyone knows gamefowl are reliably broody and great mothers but do any breeds particularly stand out as mothers and stay with their chicks the longest (6 months)? I have heard good things about Asils being excellent, fierce mothers that defend their young against any threats and stick with their young for around 6 months. Is this accurate and how do they compare with other breeds?
Thanks ahead of time
Sergio

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I had a question for gamefowl enthusiasts: which is the broodiest and best mother of them all? Everyone knows gamefowl are reliably broody and great mothers but do any breeds particularly stand out as mothers and stay with their chicks the longest (6 months)? I have heard good things about Asils being excellent, fierce mothers that defend their young against any threats and stick with their young for around 6 months. Is this accurate and how do they compare with other breeds?
Thanks ahead of time
Sergio
Hey Sergio... I have had good luck with Grey and Hatch hens... of the Americna game variety. Asils (orientals) have been know to crush eggs with their lanky legs (so I have heard).

Back
Top Bottom