Show Off Your Games!

20190726_175316.jpg

He will prolly tear up his feet
He isn't in the run anymore, I sold him.☹ I only kept my leiper stag this year, and he free ranges. I was hoping for some claret hens but no luck. I need to build some pens next year so I can grow a few out. I have too much going on this summer with putting up a fence around the property. The hardware cloth is only showing in that spot. I need to rake the sand back out to cover it. The whole run is 8 x 16.
You are right though, and I may remove the hc now that the ground is well packed. Before, it was all loamy and soft and had many tunnels beneath it, but I think that has been corrected now.

This little pullet is among 5 birds that consumed my first crop of grapes in just a little over 30 minutes. Pecker heads.
20190729_183238.jpg

New stag gifted to me by a neighbor. Intent is to use him as a Juddas bird in coming weeks. Serious taming needed first. His father is Gowdy Jap and mother is a Witch Doctor Dom. The Gowdy Jap was a line developed from a combination of 5/8's Jap and 3/8's Whitehackle. I am not certain what the Jap means, possibly a smaller Shamo strain?
20190729_183629.jpg
20190729_183635.jpg

Neighbor got hit hard by the F3 tornado that trimmed Jefferson City a couple months ago. He lost a lot of birds and pens to the event. Said the drop in air pressure made his ears hurt.

Back
Top Bottom