Show Off Your Games!

sdm111

Free Ranging
6 Years
May 21, 2013
S. louisiana
I'm not the person to comment on spangling I never really liked them. I had a ruble hatch stag come out spangled but I culled him

centrarchid

Free Ranging
10 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
I'm not the person to comment on spangling I never really liked them. I had a ruble hatch stag come out spangled but I culled him
Is there a health issue associated with it, or they somehow weaker. My uncle used to have issue with birds with white on streamers or wings (unless grey). I remember seeing Kelsos at "shows" with lots of white and they tended to suffer broken wings and legs a lot. Feathers looked bad so may have been more a husbandry issue.

Florida Bullfrog

Chirping
May 14, 2019
North Florida
Those are not true games darn it.
Couldn't that be said of any American-bred game lineages, where theoretically they shouldn't have been used for what is now illegal activities for several chicken generations now? I could see the argument that OEGBs have been removed from the pit far longer than American lines have. But if closeness of the pit becomes the definition of what is and isn't a real "game" fowl, then any arbitrary number given to how long its been since a bloodline was last used for fighting is going to eventually make American-bred birds either non-game or complicate in nefarious activities.

If individual drive is the measure, how do you know how gamey my little self blue rooster is? ;)

centrarchid

Free Ranging
10 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
Do you have access to American Game Bantams? If you can, then get a couple to see how they compare to OEGB's in terms of looks and behavior without even considering gameness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom