Show Off Your Games!

Florida Bullfrog

Songster
May 14, 2019
North Florida
We be getting spanked. It got up to around 96 F with very high humidity, Now the storm with lots of wind. I ran out, pulled tops of pens and brought broody hen pens into garage, A workout. At some point the fox will be in looking for someone stranded in the ran.
Is that tornado weather there?

The heat, humidity, and rain are the daily norm here. Setting hens here will endure it fine so long as they nested under something thick like palmettos that will give them a little cover. Which I’m sure little pens would be a different proposition than free range birds.

We have a fair amount of tornados but they don’t seem to do the damage here that they do in the midwest. Maybe our trees dissipate them faster?

centrarchid

Crossing the Road
11 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
Is that tornado weather there?

The heat, humidity, and rain are the daily norm here. Setting hens here will endure it fine so long as they nested under something thick like palmettos that will give them a little cover. Which I’m sure little pens would be a different proposition than free range birds.

We have a fair amount of tornados but they don’t seem to do the damage here that they do in the midwest. Maybe our trees dissipate them faster?
We are in tornado alley. Highest temperature we have experienced here was 111 or 113, depending on who you ask. We know heat, we know high humidity.

Florida Bullfrog

Songster
May 14, 2019
North Florida
F0999706-7359-4FDA-B28C-09EF38E0ACD7.jpeg

I have a mystery game. Hatched from a grab bag of game eggs that could have been various American strains including roundheads, or alternatively cobra aseel. Its got some aseel looking traits. Thoughts?

Its going on 7 weeks old. The bird immediately to the right with its head facing in the same direction is a jungle fowl of the same age hatched during the same incubation. The mystery bird is going to be huge compared to the JF. Also likely to be bigger than my sonatol aseels.

centrarchid

Crossing the Road
11 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
View attachment 2289162

I have a mystery game. Hatched from a grab bag of game eggs that could have been various American strains including roundheads, or alternatively cobra aseel. Its got some aseel looking traits. Thoughts?

Its going on 7 weeks old. The bird immediately to the right with its head facing in the same direction is a jungle fowl of the same age hatched during the same incubation. The mystery bird is going to be huge compared to the JF. Also likely to be bigger than my sonatol aseels.
Looks bluish. Type not correct for straight Aseel. Course looking likes like a Aseel. I think just an American Game of some sort.

Matejka

Songster
Mar 12, 2020
Lyons Texas
Well, I have had my 2 games for 8 weeks now, they have settled in nicely. They are my favorites, and I can watch them for hours. Their still skittish to the other birds, especially with table scraps or treats, but they get their share. I think their beautiful and hope my friend gives me more. Here's some pics-they are about 6 months old and laying

Attachments

Florida Bullfrog

Songster
May 14, 2019
North Florida
456BAD8A-9B3B-43F4-882D-9A18D60F4F98_1_201_a.jpeg
C562308D-2826-4E63-80BE-C5084F22BEC5.jpeg

The mystery game has been moved to the next grow-out brooder. In truth he's probably ready to join the 24-7 free range flock. I've turned jungle fowl out much smaller that have done fine. But because he's pretty unique I might let him grow out some more before I let him sink or swim. I'd like to have a better idea of what his final build is going to be. A junglefowl cockerel that's quite a bit older ran in between my legs as I was taking pics and the mystery game bowed up on him. Didn't intimidate the JF though. But it was still an interesting display of spunk.

sdm111

Free Ranging
7 Years
May 21, 2013
S. louisiana
I ended up with 2 kelso and 3 roundhead stags amongst a bunch of pullets. I culled the 2 last roundhead stags a couple days ago oh and 1 blue stag and 6 blue pullets but 2 I still need to cull. The roundheads are doing great in the show. The kelso are to be determined

Top Bottom